Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUSR_CHECK_LOGON_DATA return code 3

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to test function module SUSR_CHECK_LOGON_DATA, but keep getting an error message 'USER_OR_PASSWORD_INCORRECT'. If I debug the function, the error is occuring at a system function

CALL 'INTERNET_USER_LOGON' which returns sy-subrc = 3.

The parameters I am passing look like this:

Import parameters Value

AUTH_METHOD E

USERID KLM1

ALIASNAME

PASSWORD

AUTH_DATA CHPF\klm1

EXTID_TYPE NT

LANGUAGE

USE_NEW_EXCEPTION 0

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to migrate SU05 users to SU01 users, or have you misinterpreted the purpose of this FM?

Perhaps what you are looking for is SUSR_FORMAL_PASSWORD_CHECK or SUSR_USER_PASSWORD_STATUS_GET?

What is the purpose for calling this FM?

Cheers,

Julius

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to migrate SU05 users to SU01 users, or have you misinterpreted the purpose of this FM?

Perhaps what you are looking for is SUSR_FORMAL_PASSWORD_CHECK or SUSR_USER_PASSWORD_STATUS_GET?

What is the purpose for calling this FM?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I was following this BLOG [Single Sign On with External ID implemented in Ruby|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4587] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];. I had setup table view VUSREXTID and was trying to test the function module to see how it works. I want to generate an SAP Logon Ticket, that's my goal.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you test-drive an ABAP function module using transaction SE37 kindly notice that you might need to set the option "Uppercase/Lowercase" [X]. By default, all lower-case characters entered on the screen will be converted to upper-case characters before passing the parameters to the function module.

In case of SUSR_CHECK_LOGON_DATA that might be critical (if your system is of release 7.x).

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please notice in addition:

SUSR_CHECK_LOGON_DATA will only return a SAP Logon Ticket if called via SNC-protected RFC (from outside) if being called with AUTH_METHOD = 'E' or 'X' (reason: otherwise SNCSYSACL cannot be evaluated). So, you cannot test-drive this locally (via SE37).