cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing From BEX problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody please tell me to which role in EP a user needs to be assigned so that they are able to publish reports from the BW WAD to portal.

If I assign the user to the SuperAdmin role, it works, but that's less than desirable. Surely there is a content admin / content publisher role which would be better suited.

Cheers,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Documentation mention that we just give Portal user authorization for their PCD ... But didn't work ... Like Andrew, we must assign super_admin_role for publish web template from WAD ... Or manual assignment by portal admin per web template ...

Regards,

DK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At first you must complete all the 13 steps for integration between BW and EP . refer tcode RSPOR_setup for the steps to do.

Maintain a table entry for the portal in BW.

go to sm30 and maintain table RSPOR_T_PORTAL

and make and entry ofr the portal connecting to the BW.

there is no need to give super admin role to the EP user. Instead provide permissions for the PCD for the user who has to publish through WAD. (SSO should have been established).

Regards,

Ramesh

Pls reward usefull answers with good points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew?

I am trying to Publish reports from BW WAD to Portal 6.0, and I am receiving an error " " Runtime error 2147352565 Bad Index "

Is there some configuration I am missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry ... I get more joy than satisfaction trying to get reports published to the portal from the WAD.

It appears to work if you have BW and Portal on the same SPS levels, and if the user(s) are made SuperUsers.

Other than that I don't have much help ... we have resorted on this side to a manual process whereby I (portal administrator) get given a list of reports that have been create, and manually create the iviews from that and link them in accordingly ... not ideal but it seems to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi catherine,

Maintain the table entry in BW for table name RSPOR_T_PORTAL IN sm30 for the portal connecting to BW.

Regards,

Ramesh

Pls reward usefull answers with good points