cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Mobile Gateway 1.0 Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

reffering to the config guide for mobile gateway 1.0 (https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000518422009E/Config_Guide_MGW_SP01_rev.pdf) we are facing some problems with the configuration in the DOE.

In Chapter 4.1.1.4 a SWCV "MAS_SMARTPHONE" is mentioned, which is not available in our System, though all other steps before have been successfully executed.

We are on SP08 and SWCV "SAP BASIS 7.10" is activated and generated.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

SAP Has shipped the first application SAP CRM Sales for mobile which uses Mobile Gateway 1.0 as underlying technology. This configuration is specifically for usage of this application.

Are you using SAP CRM Sales application or are you trying to build your own ESDMA using the Mobile Gateway infrastructure?

Based upon this only can I help you further

Regards,

Vikas

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

SAP Has shipped the first application SAP CRM Sales for mobile which uses Mobile Gateway 1.0 as underlying technology. This configuration is specifically for usage of this application.

Are you using SAP CRM Sales application or are you trying to build your own ESDMA using the Mobile Gateway infrastructure?

Based upon this only can I help you further

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to use the Blackberry CRM Sales Client, do you mean this with "SAP CRM Sales application"? There is not planning for any other scenario, only getting the BB Client running...

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please check if you have installed the Mobile Gateway Addon on top of SPS08 of NW Mobile. The release Information Note 1321390 mentions about all the components that are required to be installed.

If you have properly installed the Mobile Gateway Addon then the CRM Sales related SCV's should be available to you in the system as they are shipped as content with the addon.

If thats all done then please check in transaction SDOE_WB if you see the SCV MAS_SMARTPHONE 1.4 of SAP is listed. Gibe * as your filter criteria to display the entire list of SCV's.

If the SCV is available then we will need to see why its not appearing in the list of SCV when you are doing the configuration?

Do let me know these details and we can follow up further.

Regards,

Vikas

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please check if you have installed the Mobile Gateway Addon on top of SPS08 of NW Mobile. The release Information Note 1321390 mentions about all the components that are required to be installed.

If you have properly installed the Mobile Gateway Addon then the CRM Sales related SCV's should be available to you in the system as they are shipped as content with the addon.

If thats all done then please check in transaction SDOE_WB if you see the SCV MAS_SMARTPHONE 1.4 of SAP is listed. Gibe * as your filter criteria to display the entire list of SCV's.

If the SCV is available then we will need to see why its not appearing in the list of SCV when you are doing the configuration?

Do let me know these details and we can follow up further.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

we will implement the mentioned note this week, i will give you feedback as soon as possible. Thanks for your quick help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

we have implemented the mentioned note and were able to continue with the setup. now i'm wondering where the button for "download bundles" in sdoe_esdma_design can be found (refering to 5.1.3.3 Downloading Bundles).

Do you know any reason for this missing button? Hence i do not know how important this step is, i won't continue with the next step.

Greetings and Thanks,

Tobias

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned in the document Goto transaction SDOE_ESDMA_DESIGN.

Select the ESDMA from the input help provided for ESDMA NAME and click on Display.

In the details screen, you will see "Download Bundles" button in the tool bar. It will be the right most button in the tool bar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this button is definitely missing.

the right buttons are "language key". "relesase esdma" "view messages" "runtime projections and header" and some more basic buttons.

could this be the problem of a missing note or correction?

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This button is part of SP01 code lines and i think you are having SP01 of mobile gateway.

Same functionality can be achived with following steps:

1. Click on "Esdma Browser" link in the user menu.

2. Click on the ESDMA Name displayed in the internet explorer.

3. Click on "DOWNLOAD BUNDLES" link to download the zip file which contains the WSDL files for the model.

This is same as of clicking 'Download Bundles" in the SDOE_ESDMA_DESIGN transaction.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick reply, that worked for now. but i will also double-check if we are on sp01, maybe we are on sp00 at the moment what leads to the missing button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help, the configuration as described in the config guide has been finished.

There are 2 questions left now:

- What to do with the downloaded bundels?

- Is it mandatory to create devices in the mobile Admin portal for the BlackBerry Sales Client on our devices?

Greetings,

Tobias

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Downloaded bundles contains the WSDL files for all the data objects used in the ESDMA. Using these WSDL's you need to develop the application.

If you are using mobiles sales application then the application would have been already shipped by blackberry. So, you need to use the application and perform the operations like subscribe, CUD operations etc.,

Without creating devices (Via subscription operation from mobile sales application), you will not receive any data from DOE Middleware server.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I understand, there is no need to create device from admin portal manually, but device creation will be initiated from CRM sales application for BB via subscribe option.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you both for your help, the push of the application has been performed and a logical device has been created in the doe. The DOE now displays an error concerning this device:

Communication Endpoint: 00215ABC25C91DEEAB9E79C916EE0EFF not reachable. Check device queue.

I have no clue what this error means, the device queue has all messages "ended with success". E.g. for USERDETAILS, the following messages are listed:

1. Value not found for MMW parameter CDS_READ_PACK_SIZE_FOR_EXT - SMMW_MONITORING

2. Extract completed successfully. - SMMWEXTRACT

The Sales Client on the physical device only says "status: registering". Do you know this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the endpoint with which the device is registered to DOE is not reachable from DOE. Find out the endpoint from Registration request message sent from device in SOAP monitoring and find out whether it is reachable from DOE.

Regards,

Dhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain what you mean by "SOAP monitoring"? If i understood right, i made the DOE talk to the BlackBerry MDS Service by adding the DNS-entry, but the Client is still in status "initializing"

Edited by: Tobias Abb on Sep 29, 2009 5:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned, the logical device got created in DOE and now in the process of pushing data from server to the physical device, its failing.

DOE will push data to a url (the communication endpoint) for a particular device and this error occurs when push(over http) to a particular url fails. The queue name corresponding to your device will be in sysfail in SMQ2.

What Dhana mentioned as SOAP monitoring is the SOAP Message monitoring tool available with Gateway1.0

A user menu "Session Monitoring for DOE Connector" should be visible from SAP easy access menu.

This tool will display all the messages exchanged between different devices and the server.

If you search with the username / device name , it should list the subscription request for that device and the url to which the data is being pushed to will be listed here.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

i checked the SOAP message monitor, and it is empty. The only messages i see are in the subscription monitor regarding the host name of the BlackBerry Server (Which is only listed with its DNS-Name, not with the IP).

29.09.2009 17:36:27 bes.intranet.lan ABBTO_00215ABC25C91DEEABA1BADFAF64CEFF_DOE_MGW ABBTO

Below this line, there are some Information about "notify to" and so on. Could the problem be generated by the missing IP-Address for the host-name, means the DOE is not able to lookup the BES host?

Thanks for your quick help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess ip address is not a must , if its reachable with hostname itself.

Are you able to see a proper http:// url with this DNS name along with the port info in notifyTo field? Alternatively try providing ip address for the hostname.,Ithere is some place where this info could be maintained..,right now unable to figure that out.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the notify & end to field has a proper url like this:

http://bes.intranet.lan:7090/mds/NotificationListener/BAAAAAAAAAA-inEGJAEAAKX_JUMQmMmdLIevOvPJF7FzrV...

The DOE is also able the ping this DNS-name and no Firewall is preventing the communication. I am wondering what the problem is, if it is a DOE Problem or a BlackBerry Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to solve this?

I havent used actual blackberry device in getting such data .

While using some tools for testing, we faced similar issue where we got http communication failure while pushing data to the device. This happened when the http listener was not running in the device or if there was a firewall.

May be you can check whether all the required services in BB device is running like MDS integration service and cross check that the port number in the url is the right one.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

i wasn't able to fix the problem, i do not know the error-source. I do not think it's a basic networking problem, the DOE and the BES are not seperated by a firewall and can reach each other.

The MDS IS is running, due to the fact that 2 devices have been registered in the DOE, i assume that the direction BES --> DOE is not the problem.

You mentioned a http listener on the device, but i do not know what this could be. Do you mean something special or the general network access of the device?

Regards,

Tobias

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could be problem with BES server blocking DOE requests. This happened many times with customer systems. Could you please check the BES server logs for network connectivity. With this you may get actual problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the mdss-log i found a message that could be a problem:

[WARN ][2009-09-29 14:29:14,028][HttpConnector]Connector | Authorization to webservice failed. | TargetEndpointAddress=http://xxx.doe.xxx:8071/sap/bc/DOE_ESDMA_SOAP?sap-client=100; ErrorDesc=HTTP 401 Unauthorized;

[WARN ][2009-09-29 14:29:14,200][WseConnector]Connector | Subscribe request failed due to a HTTP error - rolling back. | DeviceID=743450553; Application ID=500; DeviceSubscriptionID=5A1057F3321996F90000012405C696C1; SubscriptionID=AAAAAAAAAABPmcYFJAEAAOnnBChU/QGASqtfYlnHoZGqax1D;

how does the BES authenticate at the DOE? I don't know if this error is up to date due to the fact, that logical devices have been successfully created/registered.

I was not able to find any errors which may show off problems with the communication to the DOE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i set the log level for the MDS-Services to 6 (DEBUG) to get any information about the communication between the DOE and the BES. But i found nothing what indicates false communication.

I think the DOE does not even start to send Data to the device, is there any possibility to trigger this in the DOE? The SOAP-Monitor also does not list any messages going out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think i located the problem in the DOE.

When a new device is registered (by user-login from device) some LUW's are listed in the SMQ2 for that Queue. Here several dumps occur:

--> 100 ABBTO RR014013005_DRFILLING_006 MMW_RR_RR014013005 05.11.2009 18:19:51 Syntax error in program

ZDOECL_013_005_STRWRPR==== 0A0A001710804AF2FB270034

0A0A001710804AF2FB270034 bgw23

--> 100 ABBTO RR014013002_DEPQ_SERVICE MMW_RR_RR014013002 05.11.2009 18:19:53 Syntax error in program

ZDOECL_013_002_STRWRPR==== 0A0A001710604AF2FB29000E

0A0A001710604AF2FB29000E bgw23

From ST22:

Error in the ABAP application program.

The current ABAP program "SAPLSMMW_STRWRAPPER_APIS" had to be interrupted

because it contains

a statement that cannot be executed.

In the include "ZDOECL_013_002_STRWRPR========CM001 " in the line 21 of program

"ZDOECL_013_002_STRWRPR========CP " the following syntax

errors occur:

"Field "INIT_FLAG" is unknown. It is neither in one of the specified ta"

"bles nor defined by a "DATA" statement. "DATA" statement."

" "

" "

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether system has all mandatory notes mentioned in NetWeaver Mobile 7.10 SP07 composite note: 1263664

Former Member
0 Kudos

all mandatory notes have been applied and data has been loaded from the CRM to the DOE.

Some of the data objects do not contain any data, what leads to the Error as SAP says:

- MAS_AUTH_CUST (ET_AUTH_CUST_HEADER --> contains only 1 default entry)

- MAS_CUSTMIZATION (ET_CUST_HEADER --> contains only 1 default entry, other structures are filled, like ET_CUST_COUNTRY)

- MAS_EMPLOYEE --> is empty

- MAS_EMPLOYEE_RECBGEN --> is empty

- MAS_EMPLOYEE_SUBGEN --> is empty

The SDOE_LOAD does not push data in the corresponding DO's, so how do i fill these tables?

Thanks for all your help

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I can see that the thread chain is going too long and the issue to me seems very trivial but it might not be trivial for you. Kindly raise an OSS ticket to SAP so that we can get access to your system and tell you what went wrong and where.

Regards,

Vikas