cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buliding real-time relationships between fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we're looking for a solution about building real-time realtionships in MDM 5.5. So, based on the selection in field A I would like to narrow the values in field B, which depend on field A - all this should happen "real-time".

Maybe an example will help best for this issue:

I have a table countries, which lists all the counties in Europe and another one containing the country/states relationship. So, the "simple" problem is, that, based on the selection in the "country" field, I would like to display just the states belonging to that particular country - and not all the countries/states of Europe.

I think, that MDM has to send a request to the database to update the "states" field. But this is, in my opinion, not possible during the process of data administration.

Has anybody an idea what could be a good solution for this?

Thanks for the replies,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Take a look at the repositories for the STANDARD R/3 BUSINESS CONTENT, they work exactly the way you want in the COUNTRY / STATE example you are describing, so I'm sure you can replicate this technique to your own example.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jorge.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You can develop an application using Java API's to implement this kind of a scenario i.e. you display all the states for a specific country. This kind of a feature is not available in data manager as of now.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

If you are trying to filter by using the Seatch pane in Data Manager, then whatever Jorge has explained works perfectly fine.

But, if you are talking about the two fields and automatic population in the drop downs based on the first field selection, then this can not be done as of now using MDM Data Manager.

If you are not refering to the above two scenarios but something else, then please let us know.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar