cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punchout Site Developer Needs Help With ~TARGET=_top

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've developed an OCI punchout catalog for my company in 2004 and for several years we only had one customer on it and everything was fine. They are using ~TARGET=Main and it seems to work fine for them.

I'm in the process of bringing a new customer online and they want to use our punchout in a new window outside of their SRM and when they are done with our site, they want the cart contents posted back to their main window and they want to our site to close. I'm not aware of any way a child window can post data back to a parent window and then close itself. I've tried many different things and just about everything I've tried produces 1 of 2 results...

I've changed the target parameter of my form to _top, _parent, window.parent, window.opener, etc.

1.) My checkout form posts to the child window itself.

2.) My checkout form creates yet another child window and posts to it.

When either of these two things happen, the HOOK_URL page is shown, but my cart contents don't make it into the page. Closing the child form part is easy with...

window.open('','_parent','');

window.close();

I just can't get my form on the child window to submit back to the parent window and don't understand how to do so. Like I said, I've messed with the target attribute of my form tag but haven't had any luck.

--

I'm a bit confused by this. I'm not sure how a child window form could possibly post back to a parent window. Really I'm looking for a good example on posting back to the SRM correctly when your site is in a child window. My environment of my catalog is ASP on an IIS server.

Please forgive my weak understanding of all this... I threw together my punchout integration in our corporate catalog years ago for this first customer and I don't remember the whole process. It really didn't take that long to get it all set up and working.

Thanks for any help!

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

i'm having exactly the same issue. Did you find a solution for this problem?

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've changed my program to use returntarget in the target attribute of my form tag and it still isn't working for them. I've told them to put "returntarget" in for the parameter name and "_parent" in as the value that they send to us from SRM. Still no dice.

I think our customer is going to get someone from SAP troubleshoot what is happening on their side. I will report my findings.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your SRM version? Do you use NetWeaver Portal with SRM?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Actually I'm not quite sure what is being used on their side. We custom code in-house making our own Active Server Pages

which communicate with a Dataflex WebApp Server backend. We code in house, so it really isn't all that difficult to customize. I think our customer is going to have someone with SAP look at our form data that is coming back and tell us what it needs. I will come back to this forum and post the results.

Alternatively, I can send you an email attachment of the html code with the form we are attempting to send back to them. Perhaps you could help me debug it?

Thanks for your help,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, failed to mention that my application is coded around the OCI 3.0 specifications document.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let us know the recieved value from SRM system.

"HOOK_URL"

"OCI_VERSION"

"returntarget"

Regards,

Masa

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use "returntarget" parameter. SRM sends "returntarget" parameter and catalog side posts the data to the "returntarget".

Sample ASP code:

session("HOOK_URL")=Request.Form("HOOK_URL")

session("returntarget")=Request.Form("returntarget")

<FORM action="<%=session("HOOK_URL")%>" method=post target="<%=session("returntarget")%>">

Please also check my blog.

/people/masayuki.sekihara/blog/2007/12/07/oci-open-catalog-interface-setting-and-trouble-shooting

Regards,

Masa