cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC Using Kerberoes dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am enabling SNC using Kerberoes dll. I have made the required changes in Instance profile in the server,installed SAPSSO windows installer on my desktop. Given the instace profile parameter value snc/identity/as = " p:xxxxxxx " in Network tab in SAPGUI after activating SNC i selected the option " maximum security settings available".

I am getting the Error : No user exists with SNC name "p:prps

My question is :

1) Do we need to create windows user in the server with same name as the desktop user(prps)?. how can we map the Desktop user (prps) to the SAP user(devp1).

2) Does Disabeling the pofile parameter snc/accept_insecure_gui = 1 will stop users with out SNC ,SAPSSO on their machines?. How can we restrict the users loging without SNC

Instance Profile parameters

#snc/permit_insecure_start = 1

#snc/accept_insecure_rfc = 1

snc/accept_insecure_gui = 1

#snc/accept_insecure_cpic = 1

snc/identity/as = p:sap50uc

snc/gssapi_lib = E:\usr\sap\DV2\SYS\exe\run\gsskrb5.dll

snc/enable = 1

#snc/data_protection/use = 1

#snc/data_protection/min = 1

#snc/data_protection/max = 1

Thanks for the quick reply

Regards,

Srinivas.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
I am getting the Error : No user exists with SNC name "p:prps

You should always specify the full user name, including the domain.

1) Do we need to create windows user in the server with same name as the desktop user(prps)?. 
how can we map the Desktop user (prps) to the SAP user(devp1).

The users should belong to the same domain or the different domains should have a trust between them.

2) Does Disabeling the pofile parameter snc/accept_insecure_gui = 1 will stop users with out SNC ,
SAPSSO on their machines?. How can we restrict the users loging without SNC

This is the parameter to use. If you specify snc/accept_insecure_gui = 0 you are only allowed to use SSO.

Beware that you could get problems if you need to use users like DDIC.

When you activate snc, you get the SNC-tab in SU01.

There you have the possibility to specify on each user if they are allowed to logon only via SSO or not.

I think this is a more controlled way of handling users.

Sometimes, e g in a warehouse, you have common computers always logged on to Windows but not into SAP.

If several users share the same PC, not allowing "normal" SAPGUI would ruin their day.

Instance Profile parameters 
snc/identity/as = p:sap50uc

One again, please specify the full name of the user. Include the domain

Either the format <domain>\<username> or <username>@<domain>

Edited by: Tomas Gustafsson on Sep 16, 2009 10:47 PM

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to your first question:

If you assign your SAP user (devp1) on the SNC tab page in SU01 the snc name of your windows user (e.g. p:prps(at)domain.xxx) it should work.

And please be aware that the snc name in SAP is case sensitive, saying if you logon to windows with lower case letters, the snc name in SAP has to be in lower case letters too...

Second question I do not know

Regards

Rolf