cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfiguration of Communication Channels after CMS transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we would like to transport all of our integration directory objects (incl. communication channels) from DEV to QAS using CMS.

The configuration settings for communication channels are of course different in both environments (e.g. pointing to different servers).

What is a best practice approach here:

- First transport and then modify settings manually on QAS?

- If I choose to define all settings already on DEV before transporting (that are applicable for QAS) do I loose them when transporting?

Thank you for your advice!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

Yes you are correct. If you do changes in dev and then transport to QA, your parameters will get lost. So the best thing would be to transport and change them. Once you transport into QA, the objects will not be under your changelist. It would be under cms user usually lsadmin. So you need to transfer to your name and then do the changes and activate them.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

>

First transport and then modify settings manually on QAS?

Yes ... after you do the transport, your configuration settings will be lost. You need to manually enter those and activate. All the objects in ID needs to be activated, but none for IR objects.

>

> - If I choose to define all settings already on DEV before transporting (that are applicable for QAS) do I loose them when transporting?

Yes, even if you enter the configurations applicable for QA, it will be lost. By the way, it's not a recommended practice to do this

Regards,

Neetesh