cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing empty data in consumer proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement where I need to send a file to R/3. The server proxy handles the incoming data. In my scenario, I need to process the proxy even though the incoming file is empty. But there is no data, the proxy throws an error saying "Error during XML => ABAP conversion". Previously I had tried this without a mapping.

Then I implemented a mapping to somehow parse empty data, but I wasn't successful . I keep getting the exception "Parsing an empty source. Root element expected!" though I try to find a solution using UDF and standard functions. Kindly help me out in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Indudhar P.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

At the very first place, do you really need to process an empty file? If not, then discard the empty files being processed in PI.

If it is a business requirement to process even the empty the files, then you might have to write an additional piece of code in your proxy.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can send the complete xml structure with no data, by adjusting your mapping like..

<a></a>

<b></b>

Then you need to handle the emty data in ur proxy, i hope that will be much easier for you.

Inder