cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export data from webdynpro to Excel and start a Excel macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I want to export data displayed in the Web dynpro ALV into Excel. I have tried the ALV export function but my problem with it is when it does export to excel the data loses formatting and I have long text in columns which display with wrapping in ALV but when exported to excel it loses formatting.

So I want to define a custom button and when user presses on this button the excel export is called with a macro. Can you kindly share ideas how I can do this from a webdynpro.

Thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer this thread : answer by Radhika.

Answer by Padmam

Edited by: Saurav Mago on Aug 27, 2009 8:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends!

I have followed the following:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID1487994050DB10407586481486749551End...

...in order to create standard ALV with Export to Excel.

However what is exported into excel is awful. It does not contain my data in nice columns... Instead it shows a lot of meta-data.

Please let me know what to do to kick the standard Export button in the correct direction.. that is...to have my nice table in same way in Excel, because that is my intention with "Export to excel"

Best reg

Henrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To have custom Export button for uploading Excel data. You can go through following link and check Radhika's Reply

[;

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tejaswini