cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Selection of products in Transport Lane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a transportation lane and used mass selection to select a few products. I want a product specific transport lane. For this I've used field Supply Network Planner in selection screen.

But if we have new products in SNP with this field well maintaned in master data, the transport lane selection does not contain automatically this new product.

Does anyone now why? Every time I have new product is system I must include them manually in product selection in transport lane?

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Transportation Lanes are created either through the Special Procurement key (SPK) maintained in the R/3 side or they have to be created manually.

The Moment a new product is there in ECC side and the field SPK is maintained this material will automatically go and attach itself in the respective T Lane if it already exists or will create a new T Lane if required.

Now the Question is why do you require a Product specific Means of Transportation Lane? Is it you are going to have different Transit times or costs for different Product or you have a different Carrier, for example some products in the same transport Lane can move as Bulk Products and some as Packed Products, if that is the case then only do you require Product Specific Means of Transportation Lanes otherwise if similar kinds of Products are going to move through the same Mode of Transport with same time and cost there is no need to maintain a Product specific Means of Transport which is called as Transport Service Provider Means of Transport.

Otherwise if you are referring to only the Product Specific Transportation Lanes which comes on the top of the screen in transaction /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1 / /SAPAPO/SCC_TL2 then they are automatically created if SPK is maintained in ECC side for those materials and the material is having MRP type u201CX0u201D and material and location are existing in APO then no manual intervention is required at all.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Transportation lane can be maintained in two ways either directly update in APO

or to carryover data from R/3 through CIF.

As in your current scenario, CIF is not applicable, you will have to manually

update the new products in APO and update in the model via transaction

/SAPAPO/SCC_TL1 or /SAPAPO/SCC_TL2 or /SAPAPO/SCC_TL5.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yep, that is the problem with product specific lanes.

Why are you creating them in the first place? Either let cif create the product specific lanes or create the transp lane manually for all products?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client wants only for specific products.

What do you mean by create with cif? This information does not exist in R3, only in APO.

Thanks,

Teresa