Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update of customs declaration after invoice change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

we`re facing the following error:

After changing the invoice (e.g. values) the customs declaration will not be updated.

Creation and canceling procedures are working properly. Only the changes does not work.

We have to use the following business process:

An Proforma-invocie will be created automatically by a job in the feeder system (R/3) with value 0,- The customs declaration is also created then with value 0,- Now the user change the invoice value in the header and position (e.g. 100,- CHF) and saves it.

We expected, that the value will also be updated in the declaration. But nothing happens. The value is still 0,-.

Can anybody help? Thanks very much in advance.

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Just wondering why not consider the following options:

1.Trigger Proforma invoice creation only for those with the valid values (other than Zero)

(If this option deviates the current Business processu2026u2026 see if option 2 works)

2.Do not send Proforma invoices to GTS for which the required value is Zero.

However, For these two options you need to work on the batch program modifications on R/3 side. I guess this will be less hassle.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

an customs declaration update triggered on by an ivoice change is not possible.

Only a cancel and replace scenario will work in standard GTS.

regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf

that was the answer that I was worried about. Do you have an idea if there are any BAdi`s, Userexits, Modification, etc. available which could help in that case?

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hmmm i would try to avoid that and would use the "cancel and new" process.

I have no idea how you to realize an update functioniality without modification in GTS.

But you can ask SAP directly - maybe they offer you any extensions for that.

regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you really would not want GTS to accommodate any SAP processes that are not best practice. You should define your customs valuation as part of your SD pricing procedures, typically using the statistical value (GRWR). This value would be calculated at sales order time and then copy (or get repriced) to the billing document. This is how SAP "hopes" you deal with valuing free-of-charge shipments.

I do understand that we can't all follow best practice, but when you don't the answer is always the same: implement custom code to support your deviation from SAP best practice. In this case, you would have find a way to force changes made to an existing billing document to its associated customs declaration in GTS. I'm pretty sure there is no BADI for billing document changes (like there is for sales order and delivery changes).

Also, you would not "cancel" the proforma document in SAP to have it regenerate, but you would "complete" it. This will delete the associated customs declaration in GTS.