cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing the Out-of-the-box IViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you create or update your own repository, what options are there to create iViews for this repository?

Do you do this purely based upon the available iViews are would you create iViews in tools like Netweaver Development Studio...

What if you want to - for example - create an iView that uses multiple repositories at the same time..

So - bottomline - any experience sharing would be usefull.

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

SAP MDM Business Package for SAP EP comes with some standard iView templates.

1.MDM Item Details

2.MDM Result Set

3.MDM Search Attributes

4.MDM Search Hierarchies

5.MDM Search Picklists

6.MDM Search States

7.MDM Search Texts

You don't need to do anything with Netweaver developer studio.

Once the MDM Business package is installed in SAP EP. You can create MDM iviews based on the above templates given by SAP.

For additional information or step to create MDM portal content you can refer to MDM SP3 Business Package installation guide available in service market place.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Yes - this is fully know and understand. What I cannot find anywhere is how I can extend the out-of-the-box Iviews.

Support I want an Iview that display a pivot table based upon my resultset, or that I can use to download my resultsset to a flat-file... is it possible to extend the existing Iviews and use the underlying connection pooling, use the information from the resultset...

Thx

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you have to write your own iViews by using the MDM Java API with WebDynpro or HTMLB.

You can make use of the existing connection pooling concept available in MDM Tech connector.

Probabbly some of the SP4 features might allow iview customizations.

Refer to the following link regarding the SP4 features, which was discussed in the previous posts.

http://service.sap.com/mdm and then select "Media Library" -> "Media Center Scenarios and Processes". You will be able to see few documents specific to SP4 functionality.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subbu,

This would meand that you cannot "combine" existing out-of-the-box iviews with your own-ones...

This really seems to be a limitation to me. I would assume that you could reuse the out-of-the-box connection pooling, portal user mapping etc..

I hope SAP can fix this quickly ...

Regards,

Dirk

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

with SP04 the MDM iViews do support eventing with the EPCF. This allows e.g. that the MDM result list iView sends an update event to an "homebrew" iView as soon as the user selects a record.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas:

I might also need to write custom iview to integrate with MDM's out-of-box iView. The problem is that I cannot perform data update using ItemDetails iView if data is from a table field or lookup field (I can update data from detail or header fields OK). I am thinking to write custom iView to do that. Do you have any better idea?

We are current on MDM SP3. If SP04 is the version that MDM will support eventing, when will it be released? The most current release of MDM is SP3, right?

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right, with SP04 the iViews will support eventing. It is planned to be available in August this yaer.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Do you know if in the SP04, there are iView templates that will allow the editing of multi-value fields in a qualified lookup table?

Ken