cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on CHARM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We received a mail from client for information on CHARM as they want to have this in near future,

I read the Blog /people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

which speaks on CHARM configuration.

But i would like to know in detail, y is CHARM used. If i read the above blog its tells like,

SolMan will be the Domain controller. So does it mean, all the ABAP programs and other testing start from SolMan dem.

Kindly please explain, whats the use of charm and where its used.

Regards,

Sr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Clients need a tool to better manage migrations and keep the environments in sync.

In general:

Change Request Management (ChaRM) is an SAP tool to manage all those activities performed between the design of a change and the final promotion to a productive system.

ChaRM can:

Improve efficiency and transparency of change management processes

Minimize business disruptions

Store documentation of implemented changes

Track and monitor changes

Improve audit process

Reduce risk of correction and project failures

ChaRM benefits :

Allow the Organization to control and manage changes in the SAP system effectively

Guarantee that any change to the SAP system follows the standard process flow and procedures with mandatory controls and documented steps

Effectively adheres to requirements for SOX compliance .

Hope this is of some info.

Thanks

Ruchika

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, changes will not start from solman. In other words, it will not act as a DEV system.

It is just a tool and functionality to manage transports and keep track of everything via an SAP tool, instead of using third party tools or manual excel sheet records maintaining.

http://www.sapdb.info/what-is-charm/

Former Member
0 Kudos

sr,

following link may help you.

[http://www.solutionmanagerexpert.com/article.cfm?id=3514]

Manoj