cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on PDP scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

What is the default scenario for PDP with Direct Procurement i.e are there any problems if we order material as direct material in CS compared to ECS.

Thank you

Regards

Yshnavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe there is no sap definition default scenario suits for PDP. Yes claudia is correct . the problem comes when we order as direct material . srm tries to create a PO in SRM itself . For this we can make work around.moreover

upon our source of supply availabilty as per the customer business rule , customer requirement on leading systems .

There are some advantages /disadvantages using ECS/ Classic .but most of things BADI helps to achieve them.

ideally we require badi supports for classic scenario on PDP .

Regards

MUTHU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudia and Muthuraman

Can you let me know advantages /disadvantages using ECS/ Classic and which badi helps to resolve issues in Classic Scenario on PDP.

Regards

Yshnavi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yshnavi

Selecting technical scenario is one of the important business decision. All depends on existing businesss and how the customer wants to have a leading system.Generally first we must freeze technical scenario and think of business scenario.

Classic:-

MM-SUS is an advantage if it is a classic

GOA can create a contract and utilised the backend contract for materials/ material group

effectively utilised inforecord as source of supply for materials

here i can use source list as well as vendor list

As standard direct material will create a PO in SRM but you can change the behavior of the system.

you can assign duplicate account asignment for sc w.r.t PR and source them in srm and create a PO in backend system.

many reporting facilities in classic but not available in ECS.

ECS :-

EBP-SUS is an advantage in Extended classic. PO message can be sent to vendor from SRM rather than ECC.you can utilise approval workflow rather than release stratergy in ECC.

In extended GOA can be created may not be utilised in srm but it can be used for backend purchasing.

but in ECS , inforecord can not be used as source of supply.

As well as in ECS , i can use only vendor list for only material/material group not for local contracts.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman

Thanks. I am aware of Supplier enablement process i.e MM-SUS and EBP-SUS.

Can you let me know disadvantages using Classic Scenario for PDP with Direct material when u "order a material as direct material" and which badi helps to resolve issue.

Regards

Yshnavi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

BBP_BADI_EXTREQ_OUT

BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_IMP

BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW

regarding direct materials we have to do work around to add dummy account assignment for the PR which dont have account assignment so that just sourcing in SRM and remove the account assinment before creatting a purchase order in ECC.

the above badis can be utilised for the fulfilllment the classic requirement too.

i am always favor of classic scenario. as of now i dont have any disadvantage points . if i have anything comes , i will update you.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman

Thanks

direct Material replaces GR with Plant and removes account assignment and availability information.

So to get back account assignment the badi which u mentioned is used

Is there any badi to get back GR and availability info also

Regards

Yshnavi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

this question is Manual driven procurement.

order as direct manualy means you are ordering for stock.

if you dont want that option , you can remove (hide) order as direct option. and always you can procure for cost center.

if you order as directmaterial ,shopping cart wil always create a purchase order in SRM . this is the point here.

for direct materials , SRM is always leading sytem.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthuraman

If we are going for "Order as direct material" with CS. Are there any issues if we want to create Reservations in the backend system rather than creating PR/PO

Regards

Yshnavi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Define objects in the backend system for objects(PR,reservation and PO)

in this above setiings you can make settings for the internal procurement as reservation if the material is subjected to reservation or not.

the follow on document upon the above configuration

internal procurement /external procurement settings.

but reservation needs cost center data for creating its business document in ecc.

please check it up above configuration upon purchase group and material group / internal procuremnt /extternal procuremnet settings.

br

muthu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthuraman for answering all my questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yshnavi,

the default scenario is ECS. In CS you would need to do some coding.

Cheers,

Claudia