Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following asynchronous scenerio

File->PI->RFC

For this scenerio I need to select one of the 3 BAPIS at the receiver side baed on the condition of one of the source fields.

I have to design the Alert configuration for the same scenerio.

Please tell me about he basic Alert configuration that will be needed for the scenerio.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The procedure to configure Alert is the same as it is in SAP PI7.0.

First Create an Alert Category in tcode ALRTCATDEF. Then create an Alert Rule in RWB for the alert category created.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

Please tell me the followings

1.What shold be the Alert category in my scenerio?Do I need to write any code?Does any logic implementation is required in any alert configuration(specially in myscenerio)?

2.What variable need to be declared for the alert category and alert rules as per my scenerio?What are the various variables used?

3.What else is needed to be configured apart from alert category and alert rules as per myscenerio?

Please tell me everything according to my scenerio as I have never worked on Alert Configuration.

Thanks in advance.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1.What shold be the Alert category in my scenerio?Do I need to write any code?Does any logic implementation is required 
in any alert configuration(specially in myscenerio)?

Alert Category is code-free......just some basic settings need to be done...

2.What variable need to be declared for the alert category and alert rules as per my scenerio?What are the various 
variables used?

You need to create alert container variables for your Alert Category (in tcode ALRTCATDEF).....they are available in help.sap.com

As of now help is blocked at my workplace so cannot give the exact link.

3.What else is needed to be configured apart from alert category and alert rules as per myscenerio?

Nothing.....just you need to add the intended recipients in the ALRTCATDEF...so that when an alert is raised the alert will be received by the recipients.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just saw the link given by Michal and it has all the details needed to configure alert. That document should be more than enough for anybody to configure alerts......has all the details just make a good read of it and you should be able to configure alerts quickly.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the response.

1.How many container elements are needed to be mentioned as per my scenerio?

2.Is it a must to declare SXMS_MSG_GUID as container element as per myscenerio?If not then which one can be declared.?

3.Which container shall I use in short text tab of the Alert Category ? Which container elements are needed to be used by me as per my scenerio?

4.What exactly is needed to be mentioned in the Alert Rules?

5.How many Alert Rules are needed aas per my scenerio?

6.While mentioning the receipient Email addresses how should they be mentioned?

7.What shall I mention in the Alert Category receipients?Shall I need to mention the email addresses or user IDS?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Shweta Kullkarni on Aug 27, 2009 3:16 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which Container Element To be Defined?

This cannot be answered by anyone one SDN!

The container elements required totally depends on the business requirement....container element will help the Support Person to find/ debug the alert message quickly....so consult your technical lead or business expert and then have the container elements defined.

If you are just testing the Alert then you can have all the container elements....will give you an idea on what values are populated in the Alert message.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
4.What exactly is needed to be mentioned in the Alert Rules?

For which Sender/ Receiver service/ Interface the alert is to be raised. Error in which component (Integration Engine/ Adapter Engine) should raise the alert. Alert should be raised for each error that occurs or for only one instance of the error (Suppress Multiple Alerts option)

5.How many Alert Rules are needed aas per my scenerio?

One for Integration Engine error and one for Adapter Engine error.

6.While mentioning the receipient Email addresses how should they be mentioned?

Create a user-id in tcode SU01 and there mention the email-id(s)......no need of mentioning them in ALRTCATDEF

7.What shall I mention in the Alert Category receipients?Shall I need to mention the email addresses or user IDS?

User-Ids created in your XI/ PI server.....in tcode SU01.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

Are there only these number of Container Elements mentioned?If not hten what are the other Container Elements mentioned?

Cant I create any of my own?

Thanks in advance.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

This link has the available alert cintainer variables:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

YOu can have the following long text for rerefrence:

&SYST-HOST&:  Error in receiving/processing the < inbound / outbound> document.

Adapter:  &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE&
Adapter Error:  &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT##&

Message GUID:  &SXMS_MSG_GUID&

Sender Party:  &SXMS_FROM_PARTY&
Sender Service:  &SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&
Sender Namespace:  &SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE&
Sender Interface:  &SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE&

Receiver Party:  &SXMS_TO_PARTY&
Receiver Service:  &SXMS_TO_SERVICE&
Receiver Namespace:  &SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE&
Receiver Interface:  &SXMS_TO_INTERFACE&

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for alert configuration: have you seen this blog:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd17...

do you need anything more?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply.

1.What shold be the Alert category in my scenerio?Do I need to write any code?Does any logic implementation is required in any alert configuration(specially in myscenerio)?

2.What variable need to be declared for the alert category and alert rules as per my scenerio?What are the various variables used?

Please tell me everything according to my scenerio as I have never worked on Alert Configuration.

Thanks in advance.