cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to list a material in a plant for the specified delivery date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am quite new in the area .I have now a problem with PO.

At the item level of my PO, the plant will not be extracted automatically. Is this normal?

And after I entered the plant manually and the error message shows up:

""the material xx not listed in plant".

To be more specific, "Material xxx is not listed in plant xxx for the specified delivery date".

I have checked the material master data and found this material has been extended for this plant.

How can I fix this problem?

Best regards,

Fan

Edited by: Fan Mou on Aug 27, 2009 3:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fan,

You have raised multiple threads for the same thing.

I have replained to your other thread about this.

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I understand it now. So there is actually no mistake in material master data. Because the material purchasing view exists for this plant.

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand it now. So there is actually no mistake in material master data. Because the material purchasing view exists for this plant.

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

i think I am little confused about the plant information in Sales Order and Purchasing Order.

With sales order we supply material to our customer. The plant here should be the plant that produces this material.

With purchasing order we are buying from our vendor.

should the plant not refer to the supplying plant at vendor side?

Best regards,

Fan

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why shoud you care of vendor's supplying plant.

In the PO, the plant at item level indicates, the plant where you would like to receive the products.

Also you mentioned about the error message in the first post. Can you tell about the error code number?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this error message in Purchasing Order.

Thanks and regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with the proposed site and it works:-)

I checked the material: the purchasing view exists for the site.

Any other idea about this?

Best regards,

Fan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before proposing suitable suggestion, can you please let me know whether you intend to say sale order (which relates to SD) or PO (which relates to MM) ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the item level of my PO, the plant will not be extracted automatically. Is this normal?

Yes this is normal, however you can set a plant to be proposed by the system. To do this in the purchase order, click the button Personal setting, which you can find at the top right hand side. The system will open a personal settings window. In the default values tab, under PO item tab, you can enter the default plant value and other data. Save the data. Then whenever you create a new purchase order, the system will populate these default values.

""the material xx not listed in plant"

Check whether the material master -purchasing view has been activated or not.

Regards,