cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport xml forms from one portal to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to find out how to export some xml forms I have created in my DEV portal over to our QA portal. I understand the Content Exchange repository needs to be visible in order to do this. I navigated to Sys Admin\Sys Config\KM\Configuration\CM\Repository Mgr\Virtual Root repository and somewhere in there I guess you can deactivate the parameter hide in the root folder so that you will then able able to see Content Exch Repository??? I am not sure how to go about doing this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kathleen,

I had done this work with ICE offline transport,

and I think this is a good way .

I will tell you my process.

1. Activate the ICE service, make "ICE" foler visible

in KM.

Content Management->Global Services->

Content Exchange Service , deactivate the

parameter hide .(as you know)

2. Navigation to :Content Administration -> KM Content

- > root -> ice->Syndicator -> Global Offer

Here you will see two file ,"Complete package" and

" Differential package".

3. click Flder->New -> link , make the link point to

the folder which you want to transport. e.g, "xml"

4. you will see there is " xml" in the current folder.

5. Right click "Complete package" save as "xml" to your

PC .

6. Navigation to Content Management ->Content Exchange

-> Package Upload

Upload the "xml" package, and the "xml" folder will

be sit to the path as it in DEV.

Please check this link, specially the part of "offline".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/35/4cf72bfe18455e892fc53345f4f919/frameset.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have the Content Management tab, but when I click on that tab I just have the followign: Explorer, Classification, Metadata, Content Exchange (did not see repository under there) Quick Poll, Forms Builder and Reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have the Content Management tab, but when I click on that tab I just have the followign: Explorer, Classification, Metadata, Content Exchange (did not see repository under there) Quick Poll, Forms Builder and Reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kathleen

you need to click the 'Show Advanced options' link at the top of the 'Repository Managers' page to unhide the ICE folder, see this <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5462">this blog</a>

john

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is that I do not see the Content Exchange repository if I go to System admin\Syst Config\KM\Content Mangement. I somehow need to make that visible but not sure how to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You need to have content management role assigned to the user. under the content management role you can find Content Exchange Repository. Not under System admin

To call up the configuration of the content exchange repository manager, choose Content Management -> Repository Managers ->Content Exchange Repository

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos