cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy Maintainance ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to maintain the Product Hierarchy structure and hierarchy under transaction :OVSV,but facing some issues..

I have a three level hierarchy to be maintained,say...

00001-indicate product car

00002-the plant in which car is maunfactured

00003-could indicate the color of the car.

But when i try to maintain these entreis in T179 Table it gives me the below error

*The node includes editing mask characters

Message no. VC711

Diagnosis

You have maintained an editing template for the product hierarchy conversion routine. The separators used in the template are not valid characters for maintaining product hierarchy.*

I guess some issue with the template maintainance

please let me know how to do this,points sure for all useful answers

Arshad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

You should maintain the product hierarchies via Tcode V/76 like below

Product hierarchy Level Description

0001 1 Honda Jazz

00010002 2 Delhi Plant

000100020003 3 Blue

So as per above Product hierarchy Honda JAZZ is produced at Delhi Plant with Blue colour.

Regards,

Nimit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear arshad ahmed

It can be that you have the input/output template defined in the system. Please check that character used as a separator is not used in a hierarchy nodes like documentation warns:

Conversion routines for INPUT/OUTPUT

The product hierarchy can be assigned to a conversion routine. The name of the conversion routine is PRODH. The output template can be defined in Customizing (see below).

The separators used in the template are not allowed for maintaining the product hierarchy nodes.

Example:

If the template is _____/_____/__________

The symbol "/" cannot be used when maintaining the product hierarchy nodes. In this case, the following entry would not be allowed: 123456/79012345678

Regards,

Valentinas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

You may check the Product hierarchy structure maintained in structure PRODH. If three levels maintained with the desired number of characters as you require you can create the hierarchy levels as follow.

First create the lavel 1, e.g., "00001 - car" and save.

next create "0000100002 - manufactured plant" and save

lastly create "000010000200003 - Car color" and save

In fact, the system will automatically create these entries at right levels, e.g. level 1, 2 or 3. If you use diff number of characters in either of these levels, or did not define previous level then you'll get error.

Hope helps.

Thanks

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

You should maintain the product hierarchies via Tcode V/76 like below

Product hierarchy Level Description

0001 1 Honda Jazz

00010002 2 Delhi Plant

000100020003 3 Blue

So as per above Product hierarchy Honda JAZZ is produced at Delhi Plant with Blue colour.

Regards,

Nimit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nimit and Saroj,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions,

My question was what should the template be for maintaining such a combination of Product Hierarchy,

can you give me an example of Template that needs to be maintained ..

and also can we use more levels?how to increase the levels in Product Hierarchy maintainance..

looking forward for your suggestions

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The standard Product Hierarchy in maintained under 3 levels. i.e 5,5,8

Level1- 5 , Level2 -5 and Level 3- 10 and all are alphanumeric keys.

Level 1 is 5 didgits (say 00001) and now if you move to level2 than it should be 10 digits (0000100002) otherwise level 2 will not be completed. If you try to use 8 digits for level 2 than it will show as level 1 only for 8 digit product hier.

Eg -

Level1 - PH1 00001 and desp Blue

Level2 - PH2 0000100002 and desp Full Sleve

Level3 - PH3 000010000200000003 and desp Shirt

Yes you can use more levels also and i think upto a maximum of 6 levels and for that you need to contact with your technical team and they can help you in this.

cheers

shalsa007..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad

In the standard system, the product hierarchy consists of up to 3 levels. The first and second levels have 5 digits and the third level has 8. The maximum number of digits is 18 and the maximum number of levels is 9.

For eg If you want to change the structure of the product hierarchy from 5/5/8 digits to 5/5/5/3. Proceed as follows:

IMG->Logistics - General->Settings for Key Fields-> Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution->Define Product Hierarchies

Select the first option MaintenanceL Prod hier structure

Then enter the PRODHS structure in database table field

Create the following domains:

ZPRODH3 with length 5, category CHAR,

ZPRODH4 with length 3, category CHAR,

Change structure PRODHS:

Strucutre PRODHS in the standard system:

Structure Fields Data element Category Length

PRODHS ->

PRODH1 PRODH1 CHAR 5

PRODH2 PRODH2 CHAR 5

PRODH3 PRODH3 CHAR 8

Changes according to example:

Structure Fields Data element Category Length

PRODHS ->

PRODH1 PRODH1 CHAR 5

PRODH2 PRODH2 CHAR 5

PRODH3 PRODH3 CHAR 5

ZZPRODH4 PRODH4 CHAR 3

Note: System will ask for Access Key for changing the standard PRODHS structure.

Regards,

Nimit