cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change height and width of the welcome area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am customising the theme is the theme editor. I replaced the Branding image and the logo and was also able to adjust their dimensions. However, when it comes to the <b>welcome area </b>(the container where the masthead displays the user's name) and the <b>functional area </b>(the container which holds the links help, personalze, and logoff), I dont see the options the change the size of the height and width. Could you please explain how to control the dimesions of the welcome area and the functional area.

Thanks

regards

Lekha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Under the <b>welcome area</b> modify the "padding" option. It will be something like 0px 16px 0px 20px.

Length and width can be modified by changiong the pixel. Similarly under the <b>functional area</b> also

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saravanan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I can extend the image and get a uniform look on the masthead. But the point is that I am required to include the Welcome area.....if you look at the sdn.sap.com page, you can see the welcome area blending with the masthead background and the branding image....I need to do somthing liek that.....

hope you get some ideas..to help me....

Thanks anyways...

regards

Lekha

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Even i tried doing it long before. But couldnt get any idea on it. We just edit the welcome area colour that fits to the masthead image color.

Hope others may have some idea on it.

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your suggestion. But it is not resolving this case. I increased the height of the branding image but what is happening is the welcome area is also stretching according to the height of the branding image.

I also tred doin by altering the heght of the masthead, it does the same thing.

Is there anyway to make the welcome area background transperent? please advice

thanks

Lekha

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Increase the <b>width</b> of the masthead image(not the height). If your new mastheadimage's size equals masthead image container width + function area container width , then masthead Image gets extended to the function area. It will work.

It is not possible to do the same for welcome area. Thats why i ve suggested you to change the color in the welcome area.

In my previous post Actually i was mentioning masthead image (not the branding image)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you Saravanan and Kushal.

Well I think I did not put my concern in the right way. My appoligies for that!!!

The problem I am encountering is that I am unable to change the background image of the welcome area. I have a similar image for the design bar,branding image and the logo area. But I am unable to put a background image for the welcome area and the function area. And this is affecting the overall look and feel of the masthead...

could you please explain me how to reslve this..

thank you very much for the help

regards

Lekha

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I dont think it is possible to include separate images for the "welcome area" and "function area" using theme editor. It is possible to have a single image for the branding image and function area. Jus increase the size(width) of new branding image and it ll get extended to the function area also. Assign the theme to any user and see the changes.

And in the "welcome area", change the color similar to the image color. This is wat we can do here.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lekha

look at following forum

u can change according to ur requirement

regards,

kaushal