cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

There is a requirement from client. sales order are created by giving the requirement date. Planning is done in PPDS and the planned orders start and end date will be based on the priority of the sales orders requirement date.

now, suddenly the sale order which had priority 3 becomes the first priority. so the client wants all the capacity booking which had happenned in the initial planning run to change.

that means the planned order dates of 3 rd priority sale ordershould replace the planned order dates of the first planned order.

Pls let me know whether this is possible in ppds or should they change the requirement date of sale order and run planning again.

Pls reply

Thanks

vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

When you click on the Variable Heuristic Profile try changing the settings under Basic settings --> Create New Receipt elements --> Sort Procedure --> 1) Order Priority, 2) Chronological Order and Reuse Mode should be Delete Unfixed Receipts, Explode fixed receipts Again.

Ensure that the tick on Retain Mode is there.

I am not very sure whether this would work but would suggest that you can try it.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinay,

Can you please give more backgroound of the processes that are running for your client.

In case yuo are using SNP then perhaps you will have to re run SNP Heuristics again or else if only PPDS is used then are you using PPDS Heuristic for creating Planned orders? If that is the Case then you will have to rerun the whole thing again, Capacity levelling will have to be done spereately as you were doing earlier because Heuristic does not look into Capacities of the Resources.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Harsh kumar,

after giving the priorities in the product view. i am rerunning the variable heuristic ctp. but still the priorities are not changing at all. so just wanted to know if there is any setting required. Pls guide.

thanks

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

For rescheduling planned orders based on SO priorities, you can use heuristic sap_pp_012. This heuristic will llok at th epegged planned orders and arrange them according to the priorities of pegged requirements.

It's important how you transfer priorities of requirements from ecc to apo.

Also, if you are using MTS scenario, then be careful about using this heuristic. in MTS, sometimes, Pegged receipt to your Sales Order is different from the receipt of confirmation. Refer a planned order bapi to get the relevant pegged SO for the planned orders.

I think this heuristic will eclude fixed and/or firm orders.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

There is special heuristic to reschedule planned orders based on sales order priority. This would also depend on your strategy inside the heuristic or product master. Inside the strategy, adjust the sorting criteria. First, the orders should be sorted on priority and then on requirement dates.

Also, look for how the priority in sales order comes to APO.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bipin,

may i know which heuristic it is. pls explain how to go about it in bit detail

Thanks

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI gurus,

pls give your valuable feed back on this. Just wanted to know whether my question was clear or not.

Thanks

vinay