cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Heuristic not working in product view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I am trying to run a Heuristic in the Product view (sapapo/rrp3) and I get the following message:

'Stage number algorithm can not be run in the simulation version' but I am trying to run this in our active version, any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

The Heuristic maintained in the product master is the SAP_PP_002 (Standard lot) which is working but if you go into the header menu and we run the heuristic that replicates our nightly run (this is a 2 step planning run with SAP_PP_020 = Stage numbering algorithm and then SAP_PP_002 = standard lots).

It fails at the first step saying that it can not be executed in the simulation version?

Could this refer to the nature of the process rather than a simulation planning version? I mean due to the process that the number staging algorithm works, may not work running in APO and simulating the results (due to the data is only firmed once saved).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me to understand the reason why you would like to run the heuristics for determining the low level codes via product view. The low-level codes apply globally to all planning versions of a supply chain model. If I understand correctly the Heuristics shouldn't be run for a specific location product in product view. Please refer to the note Note 518556 - Using heuristics in the production planning run which explains more abt 'Stage-Numbering Algorithm' heuristic (SAP_PP_020).

Regards,

Senthilrajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the heuristics which is given in the product master for which you are running heuristics?

Regards,

Senthilrajan