cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of IXOS data to SAP Content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to migrate data from IXOS Content Server to SAP Content Server. Is it possible? Has anybody done it before?

If anyone has worked on similar requirement, your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

We have developed programs to migrate data from Open Text (IXOS), Mobius and other 3rd party document management systems into SAP Content Server. Please let me know if you would like to make use of them instead of developing your own and I can put you in touch with the relevant account manager regarding costs.

Best regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

What data? Document Archiving (ArchiveLink), Data archiving or SAP DMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archived Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Document Archiving (ArchiveLink)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

I had a similar requirement in the past, but, it was to transfer content from SAP content server to IXOS.

To handle your requirement, you may inform your developer to create a tool in ABAP for this.

Below are the steps to migrate content from IXOS to Content Server

1. Identify the link entries in TOAnn tables and copy them into corresponding ZTOAnn tables with a Migration flag initially set to blank

2. For each source Document Type create a corresponding Migration Document Type (Source <=> Target)

3. Maintain Links in OAC3 so that New Repositories are configured to Migration Doc Types (indirectly, Source CRep <=> Target CRep)

4. Make an ABAP program with input as Source Document Type and Target Document Type. You can make other optional parameters to restrict the selection of Documents by Business Object, Object ID, Storage Date, Content Repository, Link table etc.,

5. The logic in this program needs to use the functions ARCHIVOBJECT_COPY and ARCHIV_DELETE_META to Copy the Document from Source Doc Type to Target Doc Type (Actual step for Migration) and then to delete the old links/physical content

6. Also, in the Z tables, set the migration flag as Complete. This is just to keep a track of what has been migrated and whether everything is migrated etc.,

Hope this procedure is useful.

Regards

Vijay Gajavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

We have got a requirement of 'Migrating(Copying) of the existing data sources(any type of Files ) from E-Library, File Server and Auto CAD server(present Client third part servers) to the SAP Content repository(Content server).

Could you please help me if you have the code written since i am not getting where to start.

Requirement was to automate the migration process by a Custom Program.

Brief: In simple Copy all the documents from third party server and update to the Content server in SAP.

Need help ..

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day!

I having trouble to understand all those steps you describe dear Vijay!

Surely there must be an easier way of doing this than to develop a z-program for it. I will do a migration from IXOS to SAP Content Server for Archived Documets quite soon. But from what I have heard there should be a standard program that can be used for this.

Does anyone know more about this?? (or is my information based on power-point unreal information...)

Best reg

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henrik,

I would be glad to know if there is any easy way of doing this.

There are few programs to migrate content from a) SAP Content Server to SAP Content Server b) File-based archive system to File-based archive system. But, nothing that I could figure out for content migration from one CMS to another.

Furthermore, the selection of data that has to be migrated is driven by business rules in SAP (the leading system) and hence it could anyway be ideal to have a custom program to do this. Even OpenText offers a Package (/IXOS/ namespace) for handling content migration.

I suggest you to open a new thread instead of posing questions on an answered thread.

Regards

Vijay Gajavalli