cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter IS_RETRY_LIMIT and internal batch job IS_RETRY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been reading the "famous" weblog /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically, where it explains that the internal batch job IS_Retry will retry every failed message in the Integration Engine after 2 minutes, being the parameter IS_RETRY_LIMIT the maximum number of retries.

I have some doubts about this process, that I hope some expert can clarify:

1. Is that period of time, 2 minutes, configurable via some parameter? According to the weblog it isn't, although the weblog is old.

2. Reading the documentation of that parameter it differs a bit from the weblog description. The SAP documentation says:

"The parameter IS_RETRY_LIMIT contains the total number of repeat attempts if a retry-enabled error occurs during asynchronous processing and the error is set to retry-status in the queue.

This parameter is only relevant if the qRFC queue concerned has specified a larger retry parameter. In other words, the smaller of the two values is always used."

According to this it seems that the message, apart from having failed and be retry-enabled, has to be stuck in some queue for it to be restarted. Is that so?

I mean, for example, in a simple EO scenario (idoc to file for example), if I make the mapping fail, the message won't get stuck in any queue, although sxi_monitor shows the outbound queue chosen is XBTO6___0007 (in SMQR the queue has the parameters "Attempts" = 10 and "Pause" = 120 - seconds?). Is the message going to be retried by IS_Retry job? Will the parameter "Attempts" of the queue have any influence in the number of retries even if the message is not stucked in the queue?

3. Is there any way to monitor the number of retries? If I scheduled the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES, checking in the monitor I can see a counter, and the failed message has INDEED being retried, up to 20 times. However, if I don't schedule that report, I can't see anywhere that the job IS_Retry has REALLY tried restarting the failed message.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody please? Thanks