Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result list from User exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to produce an output listing from a user exit. It's a lockbox process where I'm passed control at a point in the process. The customer would like me to produce a log listing from the user exit rather than storing the data in a DB table.

Can someone tell me whether or not I can do this? Is there a function module I could call that would make producing the output listing easier?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

May be you can try sending an email with the required data as an attachement to the person who is running the transaction or to a specific mail id.

Guess emailing the data would be better option then displaying a list from within the user exit.

You can have the email as a reference

Cheers

VJ

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI sanjay,

Write a z report and call that report using submit statement.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjay,

1. If its a normal tabular report,

u may use ALV List to show your output.

regards,

amit m.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

May be you can try sending an email with the required data as an attachement to the person who is running the transaction or to a specific mail id.

Guess emailing the data would be better option then displaying a list from within the user exit.

You can have the email as a reference

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

How can i attach the required result list to mail?

Sanjay

0 Kudos

If you have the list in an internal table, then use the function module:

SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Take a look at the links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5931ff64-0a01-0010-2bb7-ff2...

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/reporting/email/attachhome.htm

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao