cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picked quantity in delivery docuement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

I have created the sales order and try to create the delivery. However, in the delivery document and in its picking tab the column "picked quantity" allows no changes(default 0) with color blue instead of white.

Only when I save it and the delivery document nr is generated and I get into the this delivery document again using VL02N, I am allowed to change the picked quantity and post goods issue.

Is this normal?

Best regards,

Fan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

here is more detailed information:

I have saved my sales order and then I selected the "deliver" in "sales document" in the menu bar. So this creates the delivery document(not yet saved). At this moment when I check the picking tab, the picking quantity is a Grey field with default 0 and this means it can not be changed. I can only press the save button and the delivery document nr. is generated. After that I used VL02N to get back to this delivery document. Now the picking quantity field is changeable.

So I checked the sales document definition (0VLP), the picking box is checked.

Copy control looks also okay.

Any idea?

Best regards,

fan

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

in-img-enterprise structure -assignment-under logistics execution there is a setting maintained for warehouse/plant and storage location combination and remove your entry remove the warehouse maintained for your plant and storage location combination there and try

If warehouse is assigned to to your plant and storage location combination then manual picking is not possible

In this case you need to do picking thro a additional process called Transfer order in t code LT03

(this is a big subject by itself)

Not to allow manual picking system has greyed out the picked qty in the picking tab in delivery If warehouse is assigned

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Aug 27, 2009 5:57 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Aug 27, 2009 6:01 PM

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fan,

A warehouse will have storage units such as storage bins, racks etc

whenever A transfer order is created it specifies from which storage location/storage bin/ storage rack the goods need to be picked.

You can notice the Source Storage bin and the destination stoarge bin in the transfer order. thats the reason a Transfer order is created. If Warehouse is not maintained you need to do manual picking saying which batch of materials needs to be picked from which storage location.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Arun.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have tried your method: it works. Could you please explain it why this happens?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Arun has explained beautifully about WM and TO process, adding to his point, WM is basically used for proper management of your inventory. when ever you are moving the goods either physically or Logically then you should have some records, like here is Transfer order. Once you get an order from the customer you have to do the delivery, after creation of delivery you will create transfer order which is for picking the Product from Warehouse.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not normal process.

Please explain in detail about your process steps so that we can investigate the problem.

Regards

Rajkumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ram Pedarla

I checke all that you suggested. In my case, I do not want the WM to be activated.

Best regards,

Fan

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fan mou,

I did not say that you need to activate WM, I said If it is activated then you have to do the picking by using LT03 Transaction. Setting in "0VLP" is needed even though the material is not relevant for WM . This is need to make the item relevant for picking. Try this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raja,

how can i deactivate WM for this material? Could you please give me more information? I am quite new in the area.

Best regards,

Fan

Edited by: Fan Mou on Aug 27, 2009 12:44 PM

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fan mou,

Is the item relevant for picking? You can see this indicator in "0VLP" transaction. If its relevant for picking ,this check box is ticked. Check the copy controls in "VTLA" at the item level and the routine in order requirments.If WM is activated, you have to do the picking using LT03(TO) and confirm it using"LT12". Kindly please let me know if you need any more help on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Edited by: RamPedarla on Aug 27, 2009 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If WM is activated then picking can only be done by Transfer order, So the picking is Greyed in VL01n.

Thanks,

raja