cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping an Instance through CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys can someone help me regarding stopping of an SAP Instance through CCMS...I tried stopping it by going to RZ03 and then choosing Control -> Stop Instance...It asks you for each work process but in the end, it didnt work out ( i.e. stop) for me...

Thanks in Advance,

Ishan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your procedure seems to be the right one.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c0/0ad2261c0a7c4ebce39f8b5c363400/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj for the link..

I did follow that procedure while stopping the instance...

Let me explain the situation in a bit more detail...

I logged on to the Central Instance and went to ccms (RZ03)...there are no dialog instances..

When i choose Control -> Stop Instance, it asks me for all the services and among them, i chose to stop only few of the processes...

Then When i go to the work process overview, it doesnt reflect there...

So, am i missing anything over there

Also, is it possible to stop the central instance from the ccms, because I feel that the CCMS itself is on central so even it should be shut...and same while starting the central instance from CCMS...how do you open CCMS in the first place through central instance...

Its long, but hope its clear now...

Thanks once again...

Ishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ishan,

u can stop the sap instance from sm51 -> GO TO>SERVER NAME >ADMINISTRATION>SHUTDOWN SERVER.

Regards

Zia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ishan,

u can stop the sap instance from sm51 -> GO TO>SERVER NAME >ADMINISTRATION>SHUTDOWN SERVER.

Regards

Zia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zia,

Thanks for the info was useful..

Anyways, the issue was with shutting down through CCMS...

It doesnt reflect in the work process overview (SM50) when i shut down through CCMS...\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also one more doubt guys,

What does SGEN actually do..I want it at the basic level as in, does it execute all the ABAP programs or just copies the programs to the buffer...And whats the difference between Shut Down Hard and Shut Down Soft in the SM51.....

Thanks in Advance,

Ishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SGEN will run all ABAP programs . This will take probably a few hours to complete.

1> Soft shutdown : Graceful shutdown of transaction that is it will wait for the process/transaction to complete. There is no data loss in this.

2> Shutdown hard :Opposite of soft shutdown. Here there is abrupt termination of transaction.Any process which were being run with that process are terminated. Chances of data loss

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you please elaborate.. whether you want to stop any application instance from Central Instance or you want to One Central Instance from another Central Instance. ?