cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EhP4 Custom Themes issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

with earlier versions we always had a custom theme for our webdynpro ABAPs. Now, as we upgraded to enhancement package 4, this seems not to be possible anymore. We used to download the SAP themes via report WD_THEMES and afterwards we created our own custom theme based on of the standard theme sap_chrome.

Though we dont see the SAP standard themes in the report anymore we can't download it and therfore we can't make a custom theme. Is there another solution to make custom themes?

Many thanks...

Regards

Markus Armbruster

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

WD_THEMES should still work fine on ECC 6 EhP4/NetWeaver 7.01. So when you run WD_THEMES you don't see any of the SAP themes listed in the ALV report output? I tested on my systems (7.01 and 7.02) and it still shows the themes and downloads them fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope.. WeI don't see it. If we look at the coding there's a simple if-clause which filters the SAP themes.

Themes version is 7.11.2.5.0.

Thanks in advance.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 1171246 and 1364095 and see if the fixes in these two notes might help. If you are still unable after those two notes, consider opening a support ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1171246 doesnt apply as we dont see the themes so we also cant export them.

Note 1364095 is a good point. We already implemented this one but without success. Please see the paragraph "Export" in the note: "You can export selected themes into a ZIP-file on your local file system. This ZIP can be loaded into the ThemeEditor for further modifications or updates. SAP-Themes cannot be exported."

So how shall I start making a custom theme if I cant export a standard theme. Our old custom theme isn't correctly workling with the new Ehp4.

Thanks...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There might be a difference because my system is an SAP internal - so I can download the SAP themes. You can download the standalone theme editor and the source SAP themes from SDN:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/502e9e64-585e-2c10-b7b6-b3ba1214f06e

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also tried this but we were not sure if this is correct as the version of the download you provided is 7.11.3.2.0 and our EhP4 app server has themes of version 7.11.2.5.0. Is it downwardly compatible?

Furthermore, we applied the following notes: 1363959, 1373120, 1379210 and have now the SAP standard themes in version 7.11.3.2.0. But now it looks even worse.

I made an OSS-Call but does someone else have any ideas on this?

Many thanks...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, themes are designed to be backwards compatible. You say it looks worse now - do you mean the old customizied theme? If so that's not suprising. The more you update your theme runtime, the more likely an old un-updated theme is to break.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That our old custom theme doesnt work anymore was what we supposed. But even the SAP standard themes dont look as they should. For example some colors in a tableView are completly missing.

We used report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES. But looking into SE80 does tell something different. It doesnt seem that the mimes have been updated there.

Could it be that this kind of mimes runtime has been updated but the themes stayed in the old version? To be honest, I'm not really familiar with the "mimes runtime".

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>But even the SAP standard themes dont look as they should.

Restart the ICM to make sure that the cache is cleared. Other than that, you should consider opening a support ticket if your standard themes aren't correct after applying a service note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clearing the ICM cache was the first action we did. Desperatly, we also restarted the whole sap system.

We opened support tickets now as it even shows a different behaviour within the portal.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help.

joan_ayala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

my system is EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 with SAPKB70107.

Should I use the Eclipse Theme Editor to modify an standard theme ?

Or can I modify directly the CSS files ?

If so, what is the necessary structure of the ZIP file to be uploaded with WD_THEMES ?

Thank you !!!

Answers (0)