cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

We have done the travel management configuration. Can anyone tell me the process for creating the travel expense, approving it, settleing the reimbursement and then posting to FI.

I am currently trying to create weekly report (travel expense) in pr04, however i am not able to simulate the same and post it to FI. Please let me know the posting procedure to FI.

Redards,

Koutilya A.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create travel expense go to Tcode PR05 enter all ur expenses and save it. Log in from manager's ID and approve the travel expense and settle in the same TCode PR05.

After settlement go to PRFI give all necessary details and create posting run(f8) posting documents will get created.

In Tcode PRRW post the documents created in PRFI to Finance,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpashree.M.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpashree,

Thanks a lot for your reply, its working now. Can you please let me know where to assign the symbolic account to GL in travel management.

Till now we had assigned all the expense type to one wage type(5000 e.g) and then that wage is assigned to symbolic account(+10 e.g). Now where i want to assign my symbolic account to GL. Where can i do that. If i go to node "Conversion of Symbolic Account to Expense Account" and select my Chart of Acct it giving General Modification whic is SAP defined and i cant change it. Then wher do i assign my symbolic account to GL.

Please provide your inputs,

Regards,

Koutilya A.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to do it in "Conversion of Symbolic Account to Expense Account" only. In transaction "HRP" for general modification i.e 1RR give *KP i.e Customer/vendor trip costs postings.

In transaction "HRT" assign your symbolic account to GL account.

Thanks and regrads,

Shilpashree.M.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Thanks for your answer. Onle last question to you. Can you let me know where do i create Symbolic Account and where do i assign the same to my wage type. What is the difference between PR04 and PR05

Please provide your inputs.

Regards,

Koutilya A.K

Edited by: Koutilya ak on Aug 27, 2009 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create symbolic account and assign it to your Wage types in "V_T706K". or IMG Travel Management->Travel Expenses->Transfer to Accounting->Define Assignment of Wage Type to Symbolic Account.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpashree.M.r

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi silpa,

i am a fico consultant and new to travel management

can you provide the explanation for the below configuration points with explanation......

1) what is this symbolic expense a/c +10, +90, -90?

2) what is the logic behind the conversion of symbolic account to expense account?

3) what is the logic behind the integration point-Assign trip activity types?

thanks

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Shilpshree for you answers. It was very helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have one more query

Have one more query,

Is it possible to simulate and approve in pr04 and once setteled can it be posted to FI, if not what is the importance of PR04.

Regards,

Koutilya A.K

Edited by: Koutilya ak on Aug 27, 2009 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't simulate in PR04,you can do it in PR05,

Please find the below link and find *J09 - Travel Management* in that you can find Business Procedure

for all your question you can find the answer.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm

Cya

udayakumar.k