cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro application property expirationTime when over not going to login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on NW7.2 and I have a WebDynpro application deployed on VMServer. And the application "expirationTime" property was set to some 100 seconds. When the application times out, and if i try to do anything in the UI, it is showing me an "404 Session Timeout" error page. But then when i refresh the page again, it is not taking me to the login page. Instead it is taking me to the home page of the application. Please note that i have even specified the application property "sap.authentication" to "true".

Am I missing anything here, which is showing the home page of the application instead of the login page.

Any help regarding this is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh Giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I think this is the expected behaviour. Let me explain clearly. "expirationTime" property refers to the application expiration time but not user session time out in the portal. Generally user session expires after 30 min (depends on your settings in the portal). Then you can not directly restart your application. "sap.authentication" prompts for authentication only first time or after user session expires. So after reaching the "expirationTime" your application only expires but not user session. Since your portal user session is still active you are not being prompted for credentials. I hope that I could make it clear. Please revert in case is you are not clear yet.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shive,

Thank you for the reply.

Thank you for taking your time giving some clear understanding about application timeout and user timeout in webdynpro apps.

We are not implementing this webdyn pro app in portal, rather we are using this as a stand alone application and shipping the componet so that customer can access and work on their rules online like a web app.

Any idea of where and how to control user timeout in this kind of stand alone application (not inside the portal ) .

Any help will be very much appreciated

Regards

sudheer varma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

When you provide the log on data, log on credentials are also stored in browser's cookies.So when you refresh the page it won't ask you the log on prompt.So when the session expired delete the temp files and cookies from the browser and run the application once again in a new browser, now it will ask you the logon prompt.

Thanks

Susmita

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I think this [thread |; explains about setting session time out

regards,

Siva