cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse-over Display Informatin of the Object in WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I got this requirement from client saying..

When you move mouse curser on to any of the column headers(characteristics or key figures) of the report in the web in the web application designer(WAD) the corresponding documentation or information regarding to that column header should display in a small box then and there.

(like as when u move your curser on to any of the Microsoft application you get the information in a dropdown box)....

and also i want to know how to include the information or documentation for those objects

I hope you guys understood my requirement...

Please can some one help me out

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I will try to guide you to the solution.

The documentation for the table interface can be found at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d8/f3a83adae1a010e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm (english version). What you have to do are the following processes.

1. Open the WAD and open the properties of your table where you want to display the tooltip. The last point in the properties list is reserved for the tableinterface class (param name "MODIFY_CLASS"). This class has to be written by you and it is not that difficult.

2. Implement an ABAP class. Create a class in the ABAP Development Workbench and inherit from class CL_RSR_WWW_MODIFY_TABLE.

3. As you want to modify the caption cell, redefine the method CAPTION_CELL. Now you see several input and output parameters. You need the parameter C_CELL_TD_EXTEND and assign the title-attribute to it (C_CELL_TD_EXTENT = 'title="Your tooltip"'.). If every cell should have a different tooltip, you have to create an if-statement and check e.g. for the position (i_x and i_y) of the cell or its content (c_cell_content).

4. In the table properties set the modify class to the one you've just created.

That should be the solution. Now if you call the web template the tooltip should be given when your mouse is over the caption cell.

Let me know if you need more information.

Greetings,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danial,

Thank you very much, i am able to successfully solve my issue.And i have assignd u full marks.

Thanks and regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GVK,

I need to implement the same. Could you please tell me the code you have used for the CAPTION_CELL.

Regards

Mahendra

Message was edited by:

Mahendra Mahapatra

Any update Daniel Knapp or GVK.

Message was edited by:

Mahendra Mahapatra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dalial,

I did like what you said, but the problem is i am able to display tool tip for only characteristic colum headers using C_CELL_TD_EXTENT = 'title="Your tooltip"'.). but not to the key figures colum header....

and also how to capture individual colum headers...

Please reply...

thanks in advance,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your answer, but i am an alien to abap coding, or building a logic..

If possible could you please provide me the code for that.

I will be very gretful to u.

Thanks in advance,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danial,

Thank you very much for your answer,

But it would be more helpful for me if you can guide or provide some information to me on this issue and also i am not very good at javascript..

And also could you tell me how to add the information for every field header in the table.

Thanks in advance,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I hope I understood you correctly. You need a tooltip over certain cells (the header cells) when the user moves the mouse over it? That is possible with the table interface (see the SAP library for more information).

The table interface let you modify a table or a navigation block before it is displayed. There you can modify the cells and add the attribute "title" to the td-tag. The title-attribute (<td title="Test">) the value of the title-attribute (in this case "Test") is displayed as a tooltip.

You can also define a textarea-field, give it an ID and copy the content via javascript to the textarea if the user is over the cell.

I hope I could help a bit.

Greetings,

Daniel