cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link product category to material group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in transaction PPOMA_BBP. I am further on the tab external attributes.

Now there is a field called " Product category". I have material groups from R/3 into my system.

But how do I link categories(material groups) to product category.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

R/3 material group = SRM product category.

when you replicate a R/3 mat group, this is creating a SRM product category (with its source system = R/3).

In SRM, you work with product categories (defined locally or replicated from R/3).

That's why I replied in your previous post to replicate R/3 mat group into SRM prod categories, and not to try to map the values in BADI when transfering documents to R/3 (with this method, you won't solve all possible issues...).

in PPOMA_BBP, you don't see directly R/3 mat group, but SRM prod categories (coming from R/3). In Product category attribute, you can select the source logical system: if R/3, you can search on SRM product categories replicated from this R/3.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

how i can transfer material group to product category in one client scenario?

mithun_kukke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Elham,

I presume you want to replicate material groups in ECC in SRM product categories (The terminology is different though). You can use the following steps once the material groups are created in ECC.

1 - T code R3AC3 and object DNL_CUST_PROD1. Here you can filter the material groups you want to replicate. Also you need to replicate both tables T023 and T023T.

2 - Load the object DNL_CUST_PROD1 via Tcode R3AS.

3 - You can monitor the replication via Tcode  R3AM1.

Regards

MKK  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear Mithun

we are on one client scenario

both ECC and SRM are in a single client

we haven't R3AC3

we using MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT to replicate all master data but whe i execute this transaction i have termination in program i need some help to prerequisite for doing this transaction

do u know any pre step?

which process is necessary

Regards

Elham

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about one client scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the cause for the dump? Did you try analyzing that?

mithun_kukke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Elham - Unfortunately I am not sure about how it works in the one client scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ys but i cant get any things

i think the dump cause for the customiazing

i dont know whats the necessary prerequisite befor execute the MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

In the extended tab, you have to :

1- select the backend logical system where the materail group have been created/replicated.

2- Select the material group you want through the matchcode.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya yanni,

I have selected backhand of R/3, but in the matchcode, none of the entries are coming.

But in the matchcodfe when I see the possible entries of Category Id then I can see my material groups.

If I am not clear pls. tell.

Parag

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Not clear at all

If you ave selected the backend logical system, the matchcode is reading and displaying the SRM material group (= product category) entries where backend logical system is the one you have selected.

in other word, if you have enter a backend logical system, you are supposed to have replicated material groups from this backend !

If you have manually created the product category (= material group) in SRM (ie no replication from the backend), you have to check (else create) that your local hierarchy (you have created in comm_hierarchy) is attached to purchasing application.

To do this, go to transaction comm_prapplcat

kind regards,

Yann