0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My Question

If have two company codes and two sales areas

Eg Company Code Sales Area

0001 0001 01 01 Sales Org 0001 assigned to CC 0001

OP01 OP01 O1 O1 Sales Org OP01 assigned to CC OP01

There is no assignment of company code 0001 and sales org OP01 and vice versa

Should I be allowed to create a customer for company code 0001 and sales area OP01 O1 O1?

Should I be allowed to create the entire sales cycle?

In my case it is happening. Please suggest ..

Thanks & regards

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Should I be allowed to create a customer for company code 0001 and sales area OP01 O1 O1?

No, you should not be allowed because sales org OP01 is assigned to company code OP01 only not with company code 0001

Should I be allowed to create the entire sales cycle?

no

Eventhough i said no please check this thread

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: customer master

This is an issue SAP has to address

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I too agree with the thread link u gave.

But there is another view point as well.

SAP has different transactions for maintaining master data

Say for creating a customer master for FIN area we have TCode FD01(Only General & Accounting View), In SD area we have TCode VD01 (Only General & Sales View).

But when we are using XD01(Create Customer Centrally) then the system should check up at the time of creation of master data.

Kindly suggest if this issue is to be reported

Thanks & regards

Mahesh

Edited by: Mahesh Sandbhor on Aug 27, 2009 10:24 AM

Edited by: Mahesh Sandbhor on Aug 27, 2009 10:26 AM

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Logically what Mr. Raja said is correct, but actually system will allow you to create the Customer through XD01 even if the Sales Organisation is not assigned to Company Code.

But I think this will not allow you to do the actual FI entries as Company Code setting is required for FI entries, so FI entries will not happen and if it will take place then not in the right G/L.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, u will nt be allowed to do the FI Postings.

But then if there is a early warning at the time of creation of customer master (Tcode XD01) then the effort of creating the entire process (Sales Cycle)will nt be there.

Thanks & regards

Mahesh

Edited by: Mahesh Sandbhor on Aug 27, 2009 10:59 AM

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To get an early message go to

IMG>Financial Accounting>Account Receivable and account payable-->Cutomer account > master data> Preparation of creating Customer Master data-->Change message control for customer master data

Here select copy an item and do the setting for message 656.

SAVE

and then try to create the Customer. It will give you Warning message.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Edited by: AA on Aug 27, 2009 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aware of this particular setting. I did nt get the rgt message type previously. But thx for the input.

Just to clarify my point from development perspective. Is it rgt functionally that a customer master is created for the company code & sales organisation which are not assigned to each other?

If so please explain.

Thanks & regards,

Mahesh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you said

But then if there is a early warning at the time of creation of customer master (Tcode XD01) then the effort of creating the entire process (Sales Cycle)will nt be there.

And when I gave the path and method to get the warning message you responded with

I am aware of this particular setting. I did nt get the rgt message type previously.

Now I am confused, when you were aware then there was no need to ask the forum.

Anyway, thanks........... close the thread if you get the answer.

Reagrds

Amitesh Anand

Edited by: AA on Aug 27, 2009 12:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the objective of the forum is to help people each other to clarify the issues.

So when I said I did nt get the message type earlier, means I have appreciated ur effort. Thx for the same.

But my real issue remains

Is it rgt functionally that a customer master is created for the company code & sales organisation which are not assigned to each other?

I am follwing this topic rigourously since if there is a issue (Which I am still not sure), I could follow up with SAP

Anyways thanx for the reply and support

Regards

Mahesh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think logically this is correct:-

Is it rgt functionally that a customer master is created for the company code & sales organisation which are not assigned to each other?

Since creating a Customer master do no require Company Code as mandatory, like you can create a Customer master even without filling the Co. Code data (you will not get the Co. Code View) in XD01 or from VD01, or even you can create Customer without using the Sales Area from XD01 or FD01.

Like even in our case we have some customers who are only used for Accounting purpose to collect their old outstandings, and so their Sales View is not mainatined. Therefore, there is no restriction, however as a warning message you can always warn the Master Data maintenace person, so that he can recheck.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You can create customer and you can complete full cycle. But make sure that you are maintaining correct account determination to differentiate sales b/w two company codes.

Thanks,

Swamy H P