cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC 6.0 installed on windows 2008 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed the above with Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 and i have created new client(clent role as - productive as per the requirement) in SCC4.After adding "profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0",i am able to logged into newly created client.Now i want to do client copy(by logging into new client) from 000 clent through SCCL,as the system says Target client is productive and protected against client copy.

SCC4 settings for new client is:

Automatic record of changes

Changes to repository and cross-customozing allowed

Protection level1:No Overwriting

eCATT and CATT not allowed

Please advise as how to proceed further and also advise for any further paramater changes required in RZ10.I am provided with all types of authorizations .

Rgds,

Gadde.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gadde,

i have created new client(clent role as - productive as per the requirement) in SCC4

Change the client role to test and do the client copy.latter on change it to production.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Thanq very much for your response.I have changed the client role as - Test.Now again after logged into the new client(say ex: 900) with SAP * and pass,SCCL screen says The client is locked for data import by client copy and it is coming out.

Please advise.

Rgds,

Gadde.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gadde,

May be the client copy is running and you are trying to login second time.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Automatic record of changes

Changes to repository and cross-customozing allowed

eCATT and CATT not allowed

we too faced this error and we did change one of the last two options of above shown 4 (protection level/ecatt) and then it ran fine, just do not remember right now which one. Give it a try

Edit: and also check SCC3 if anything already running.

Please confirm

Edited by: Anjali Sharma2 on Aug 27, 2009 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anjali,

Thanq very much for your response.

In SCC3 nothing is running.

Now i am able to execute with SCCL(in new client 900) after changing of protection level to no restriction.

Now options are like this:

Target client 900 came and graded out

which profile do i need to select,as this client going to be changed to Production client.

Source clieny : 000 ?

Please advise.

Rgds,

Gadde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gadde,

Anjali is right.I just missed it in my last post.

change is to 0

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Aug 27, 2009 9:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

sap_all

Former Member
0 Kudos

900 grayed out - good

you can go ahead with SAP_ALL

source client - always 000

However, following Note should be refrenced

SAP Note 550894 - CC-ADMIN: Setting up a new client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have sheduled client copy with SAP_ALL option,but before doing this system showed SAP_CUST is recommeded.I have proceeded further.Do in need to shedule again through SCCL with SAP_CUST profile after completing of SAP_ALL profile?

Please suggest.

Rgds,

Gadde

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its not necessary.SAP_ALL contains all client data like Application ,customizing & user master as well.So no need to copy SAP_CUST again as this contain nothing but customizing data.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

So SAP_ALL is about to finish in half an hour.Please suggest as which step needs to be done?can i run SGEN now from 000 client by logged in as SAP*?

After fresh installation,i have created new client and about to finish this client copy.Please suggest steps that needs to done.not yet applied kernel patches also.

Rgds,

Gadde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gadde,

login to system to any client but with a user other than sap*.

run sgen after kernel upgrade

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a client copy is terminated for any reason, the locks remain in place. You must then clear them by starting transaction SCC3, by calling the SCCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT function module or clear them manually using the client administration (transaction SCC4).

Please refer note no 562628 to have more details of the fact.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gadde,

i have created new client(clent role as - productive as per the requirement) in SCC4

Change the client role to test and do the client copy.latter on change it to production.

Regards

Ashok Dalai