cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a value in the time field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

What should be the correct way to assign a value in a time field?Suppose I want to assign 11:22:35 AM how will I do it?

And also tell me the assignment for a date field.(dd/mm/yyyy)

Thanks In advance.

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use "LiteralTime" to import the time values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes I can import the valueusing literal time field but how can I assign a value to record while I am working on data manger?

Thanks & Regards

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the assignment editor to assign value to time field in Data manager. adjust date format(MM/DD/YYYY, YYYYMMDD, or DD.MM.YYYY. ) accordingly which is set under the IMu2019s Configuration > Optionsu2026....

One of the most recently added functions in the expression editor is the System Time function which gives the current date and time to the millisecond. The function is SYSTIME(x) where x is the time zone. If SYSTIME(0) then it is the current Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Hours can be added by putting in a fraction of 24. So SYSTIME(8/24) is equal to GMT + 08:00 (Beijing, Singapore, and Taipei.) If you want to go backwards in time then enter SYSTIME(0-8/24) which is equal to GMT u2013 08:00 (PST.) Note that this is Pacific Standard Time and not Pacific Daylight Savings Time. Make the appropriate adjustments to reflect Daylight Savings Time if that is what is desired. Also partial hours can be added by entering SYSTIME(2.5/24) for GMT + 02:30.

If only the date is required, then populate a Literal Date field. If only time is required then use a Literal Time field. Table below is using SYSTIME(0) = May 1, 2007 4:31:44 GMT.

Literal Date SYSTIME(0) 08/27/2009

Literal Time SYSTIME(0) 12:43:44 AM

If you have some problem let us know.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think I am not able to explain you what the problem is.Ok let me put it this way, See I do not want to use IM at all.I want to create an assignment in data manager on a literal field suppose the field name is A.How will you create it.?That is my question.See I am going to assignment tab inDM ,adding a new assignment and in the field(i.e A) on which I need to apply the assignment.After selecting the field I need to create an expression .I am asking about that expression syntax bcs I am getting a syntax error.

Please help me create the expreeion without the syntax error.

Thanks

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

The straight way to put your question is by copying the syntax error

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help.I think I will now be able to do it with the help of some workaround.

Thanks

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

We cannot assign values to the time stamp fields.The values will be populated in these fields based on the operations performed on the respective fields.

For assignments of dates, refer https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b025fab3-b3e9-2910-d999-a27b7a075a16&overrid...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz ,

Thanks for your reply .If the time field is a literal time field then we can have an assignment right.The assignment I was looking for was of a literal time and date field.

Thanks

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

We cannot assign values to the time stamp fields.The values will be populated in these fields based on the operations performed on the respective fields.

For assignments of dates, refer https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b025fab3-b3e9-2910-d999-a27b7a075a16&overrid...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz