cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ES workplace interfaces in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to use ES workplace publishsed interfaces to createcustomer in out SAP DEV backend.I have following questions to understand how to use it:

(1) PI can use normal SOAP receiver to send the request to backend after importing the publised WSDL.

(2) The backend SAP system should have an implementation of the same

(3) Can I change the WSDL implementation in backend to suit my requirement

I am asking these becase it ES workplace,it always talk about SAP backened hosted by SAP,so was thinking if we can actually use it in DEV and PROD environment.

As disucssed in my previous question,we are looking at best option to invoke Synchronous interfaces to SAP Backend ie Services,proxy,IDOC or RFC.

Regards,

Premjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for related information, you see the link:

best regards.

Edited by: Jagdishwar on Aug 27, 2009 8:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Premjit Mishra wrote

>(1) PI can use normal SOAP receiver to send the request to backend after importing the publised WSDL.

yes, for PI an ES is just a webservice

>(2) The backend SAP system should have an implementation of the same

yes, the backend should act as webservice provider

>(3) Can I change the WSDL implementation in backend to suit my requirement

the implementation, i.e provisionig part of the webservice is completely upto backend system. but if you are talking about changing the implementation of standard enterprise service provided by SAP, i doubt. but u can always create new enterprise services and use in pi.

>I am asking these becase it ES workplace,it always talk about SAP backened hosted by SAP,so was thinking if we can actually use it in DEV and PROD environment.

the environment DEV or PROD, technically is just a different hostname or different url,

for related information, you see the link:

best regards.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

> I want to use ES workplace publishsed interfaces to createcustomer in out SAP DEV backend.I have following questions to understand how to use it:

>

> (1) PI can use normal SOAP receiver to send the request to backend after importing the publised WSDL.

Yes it can

> (2) The backend SAP system should have an implementation of the same

true

> (3) Can I change the WSDL implementation in backend to suit my requirement

>

any changes in the structure if the WSDL is done in PI and the implementation logic in SAP.

> I am asking these becase it ES workplace,it always talk about SAP backened hosted by SAP,so was thinking if we can actually use it in DEV and PROD environment.

>

> As disucssed in my previous question,we are looking at best option to invoke Synchronous interfaces to SAP Backend ie Services,proxy,IDOC or RFC.

>

> Regards,

> Premjit