cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping of Vendor Account Number during automatic generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I tried to create a new vendor account(FK01) but noticed that the generated vendor code is 2000336. Local Vendor number ranges from 2000000 up to 2999999. The last vendor code generated by the system is 2000331, so the new vendor must have 2000332 as its code. I wonder why the numbering skipped. Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

me again,

April

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi April.

Are you trying to replicate this to MDM?

The reason why the numbers skip is always related to the way number ranges are configured in R/3.

If you use a bufered number range, it is normal for ranges to be skiping all the time.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is there a way to avoid the skipping of number range?

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, the solution would be to turn off the buffering for that number range, just consider the performance problems this could cause, because usually there is a good reason to set up a number range to bufering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the buffering for that number range is turned off, does it mean that the vendor number will be assigned externally?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. External asignment is a completely diferent thing.

"No buffering" means you will have perfect consecutive numbers. The drawback is that the performance might be degradated.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my reply to your post :

You can close this as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Sure it helps. Thank you very much.

I would just leave the buffering on for the number range so that the performance would not be affected

Thanks and regards,

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Sure it helps. Thank you very much.

I would just leave the buffering on for the number range so that the performance would not be affected

Thanks and regards,

April

Answers (0)