Question about BW
I installed BW 3,5, client 00. It's necesary make a copu client? because I try by SCC1 and it can't permit do it.
Bapujee Naidu replied
Follow the procedure for local client copy .
Both a local and remote client copy must be initiated from the target client using the following steps:
In your case ofcourse it is a local copy.
1. To create an entry for the target client in the client maintenance table, choose SCC4
2. Log on to the target client as SAP* with the initial password PASS.
3. Perform the client copy using SCCL.
4. Select the data to be copied using a profile(select sap_all).
5. Assign the source client as 000.
6. Begin the client copy.
7. As copying is a lengthy process, use background processing.
8. To ensure data consistency, you can not logon to the target client during a client copy.
9. Lock the users in source client.