cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCs being removed from 'Used WebDynpro Components' list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem while creating a project from an already activated DC. The DC uses 6 other DCs and was built properly, activated and deployed from a client machine. Now I need to have this DC in my machine (also a client). So I made sure the DC is built & synced properly and proceeded with the project creation from the inactive DC.

The DC is getting created in my machine, but the Used DCs, though being shown properly in the 'Used DCs' List is missing from the 'Used WebDynpro Components'. And if I try to add a new DC under the 'Used WD Comp' list or edit the component usage of an existing DC, the added DCs are not available for selection.

<a href="http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcerror1ac.gif">Error Screenshot</a>

I have tried removing and adding the DCs from 'Used DCs' list, reopened the project, restarted the NDS, did a sync, but nothing could help me to resolve this.

Could someone kindly help me to resolve this ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nibu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu

If I remember right .. this can happen if your Used DCs have build errors , can you check that by creating projects and building them

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

As you already know now, the problem has been resolved :). But for the benefit of others like me let me put down what happened:

On seeing Pran's reply, Since he is an acquaintance of mine, I called him up & explained my problem.

As per his advice, I checked the DTR and found that the entire DC structure has been added there. But from him I could learn that only the following folders/files should be in DTR:

- cfg

- def

- Meta-Inf

- Model Folder

- src

- test

- .dcdef file

Therefore, the rest of the folders/files were deleted and the activity was checked-in. This resolved the problem and all the missing DCs were being shown again.

Pran, Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Answers (0)