cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standardizing SAP GUI via SAP Installation Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're just in the realization portion of our SAP conversion. That said, I've already got 4 packages created w/in the Installation Server using SMS to publish the launch command to the appropriate workstations and "on end Install"/ "on end update" scripts updating the Services file and saplogin.ini as well as a few registry points with great results.

Now the business teams have asked for us to standardize the color & scheme of the various systems to help grant some visual reference points to non-prod systems (Dev/QA/etc.).

I've noticed the manual change of system colors updates the HKEY_Current_User/software/SAP/General/Appearance/Systems keys. When I update these keys by hand or by script, the GUI still fails to show the changes (i.e. it shows default colors), although when one navigates through the "Customize Local Settings" then "Design Settings", if the Active Theme is set to System Dependent, the color then updates.

Using procmon.exe, there are TONS of hits on the registry and file navigations when launching SAP GUI - has anyone been down this path to save me hours of digging?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortuantely, the Current User registry key cannot be updated via SMS. From what I've seen& tested the registry settings can be pushed via a login GPO or login script, but due to our environment including contactors and consultants I still cannot get a high coverage rate.

If i do find a magic bullet - I'll report it here.

In the meantime, perhaps a SAP developer would bring this capability to the Installation Server - it allows us to tune & tweak the packages already. <hint hint> - Xmas is coming!

Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kurt

Did you figure out a way to distribute the SAPGUI settings to all your users ? We are encountering the same issue and trying to figure out a way. I suppose we can always distribute the Registry settings using the group policy or some way but was hoping that someone would have already figured out a good way.

Thanks

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can make change in user specific Automatic Update

Procedure

On the desktop or in the Start menu (Start --> Programs --> SAP Front End), right-click on the SAPlogon icon and choose Configure Auto Update.

Mak it switch on

and fix Update check frequency

Regards,

Nirav