Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System total crash after kernel update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I've a problem with SAP.

I wanted to change the SAP kernel from 7.0 Patch 185 to 7.1. Patch 39.

So, I did stop the services of SAPOsCol, my SAPID. Also, I stopped the sap system and later the Database.

I backup the old kernel and put the new one.

So, When I came to run the system, everything was fine, I checked Work+Disp, ok the new kernel is running.

But when I wanted to use the SAPGUI the system has started to get in huge trouble and the hole system crash.

So, I didn't understand anything, so I restored the old kernel, the problem now in the "SAP Management Console" there's no SAP system at all. I also wanted to run my SAPID service but it didn't run. It crash when I start it and actually I accidentally deleted the service without nowing it.

How will I recreate it?

And how will I get the system to run again.

Denote that I spend 2 weeks updating the system to the highest level and I don't want to do it again.

Best Regards,

Kais

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I wanted to change the SAP kernel from 7.0 Patch 185 to 7.1. Patch 39.

This does not work.

Kernel 7.00 and 7.10 are different developments - they are not compatible.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

he probably meant SAP kernel 7.01 patch 39 (which I installed this morning)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course, I mean Kernel 7.01

I did change SAP kernels many times and with the new one it didn't work.

Well, what should I do now ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently, we did face the same situation during kernel upgrade of Solman and we had to apply some patch related to Windows

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't update your kernels to 7.01 if you have not installed EHP4 for ERP or EHP1 for Netweaver. 7.01 is specifically for those upgraded systems and is not meant to be used on "normal" ERP or Netweaver systems.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Next time, follow instructions from http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_update_SAP_Kernel

note that disabling SAP[SID]_XX service will help you alleviate some problems such as files being used.

if your kernel is located in /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/[n]uc/[OS-platform], also update /usr/sap/SID/D*/exe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue has been resolved.

Restoring the system in the SAP Management console using SAPstartsrv.exe

What a frustrating day