Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - Looking for the Usual Suspects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was out a couple of days and when I got back our basis person told me that while I was gone they tried unsuccessfully to do some client copies and, oh, by the way, CUA is down.

The clients do not have a "New User" button, but no updates occur when changes are made in the central system, not even with RSCCUSND.

I plan on stepping through all the steps of the set-up, which I haven't done for three years, but I wondered if there are "usual suspects" I should look at first and maybe save some time.

Thanks,

Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

usually with a client copy addresses and such of users are getting either copied or transported afterwards (whatever the basis persons did in their haste). my first step to conquer this is going to the CUA master -> SCUG -> and see whether all the users are still where they should be and no comments on the right side of the system list. everything o.k. here? if not, try to take over all the users in the logical system affeced. next step BD64, check the distribution model and partner profiles. if all of this is no solution, go through the complete setup step by step again.

good luck!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems as if the usual suspects have already told you what happened

In the wiki you will find a best practice procedure => [Best practice - How to perform a client copy when CUA is active|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Bestpractice-HowtoperformaclientcopywhenCUAisactive]

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

usually with a client copy addresses and such of users are getting either copied or transported afterwards (whatever the basis persons did in their haste). my first step to conquer this is going to the CUA master -> SCUG -> and see whether all the users are still where they should be and no comments on the right side of the system list. everything o.k. here? if not, try to take over all the users in the logical system affeced. next step BD64, check the distribution model and partner profiles. if all of this is no solution, go through the complete setup step by step again.

good luck!