Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File (FTP scenario)

former_member75463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have file to file scenario where I am tranferring source file to FTP destination. Everything works fine, even files are getting transferred to FTP destination but we have one problem.

My source file (which is on SAP application) server is of csv type. When I do FTP, it is getting converted into XML format, as shown below.

FTP file
Recordset>
- <Row>
  <GDP>BE-WBO1-PROD-SAP</GDP> 
  <ARBPL>BWHSPASP</ARBPL> 
  <BUDAT>01/07/2009</BUDAT> 
  <GMNGA>21.480,000</GMNGA> 
  </Row>
- <Row>
  <GDP>BE-WBO1-PROD-SAP</GDP> 
  <ARBPL>BJET0011</ARBPL> 
  <BUDAT>01/07/2009</BUDAT> 
  <GMNGA>3.510,000</GMNGA> 
  </Row>

Source file,

BE-WBO1-PROD-SAP;WHSPASP;01/07/2009;21.480,000

Is this normal ? Cann't I have same CSV as source?

I have changed FTP file extension to .txt or .csv but when I open file from FTP location, it always opens as xml format.

Regards,,,

Sunil Joyous

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, if you want to send your file as it is without doing any conversion then you can do as mention in this blog..

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unless you do a file content conversion, the target file will be in xml format..

the message protocol should be fcc.

file type :text

file name scheme should be *.txt (placeholders as per your requirement)

Under content parameters tab, give the fcc parameters..Refer this link for the same

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

note: file type is txt here...A csv file is a text file where the field separator is comma..You will use a parameter <nameA>.fieldSeparator

regards,

Ramya Shenoy

Edited by: Ramya Shenoy on Aug 27, 2009 10:00 AM

Edited by: Ramya Shenoy on Aug 27, 2009 10:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

FCC at sender file adapter is used to convert csv file to xml because Integration engine process only xml messages.If you want csv file at the receiver then you have to use FCC in receiver file adapter to convert xml messafe to csv file

refer this blog [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1779] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; that explains how to use file content conversion in receiver file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to change the extension on target by *.csv....please let us know.

regards,

lpbuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

What file extension you are getting at the target? Is it coming as ".xml" or as per the receiver CC ?

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use File Content Converson to convert into csv. Just search on sdn for Receiver File adapter content conversion.