cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digitally Signing specific SOAP elements using Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDNers,

Iu2019m having trouble creating java mappings to sign and verify digital signatures. Iu2019m new to Java so this is proving difficult. I understand the basic concepts of OO programming and utilizing classes/objects to build the program, but Iu2019m having trouble with the conceptual understanding of how I would like to get this done.

I have outbound and inbound messages. The outbound messages are originating from an ECC backend. The messages are processed through PI with a basic Message Mapping, then it is wrapped in a SOAP envelope with specific information using a XSL mapping and then I would like to use a Java Mapping to Digitally Sign specific portions of the entire message; specifically around an element in the SOAP header and sign the SOAP body. I also need to verify these sections for all inbound messages.

The simple pseudo code I have for the outbound messages is as follows:

<ol>

<li>1. read in xml (file input stream)</li>

<li>2. find the (specific information)</li>

<ol>

<li>a. assign that string to a variable</li>

<li>b. sign this variable with the security profile (keystore, private key)</li>

<li>c. e-write the variable into the main xml file</li>

</ol>

<li>3. find the soap body</li>

<ol>

<li>a. assign that string to a variable</li>

<li>b. sign this variable with the security profile (keystore, private key)</li>

<li>c. re-write the variable into the main xml file</li>

</ol>

<li>4. write the output file with both variables written (file output stream)</li>

</ol>

Currently Iu2019m using PI 7.1 so there is no more Visual Administrator tool.

Iu2019ve seen the examples from the last link, but I canu2019t seem to put it together when mixed with basic java mapping example. I have been searching the SDN forums for a while now, but hereu2019s my specific question: how do you create a java mapping to sign and verify specific elements of a SOAP message?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason, did you ever architect a solution for this?