Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start 2 listeners on 1 machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am working with a Linux system that has 2 SIDs on it PI 7.1 and MOBILE 7.1

Each of the SIDs have different listener names:

PI 7.1 (LISTENER) and MOBILE 7.1 (LISTEN1).

To start the one for PI 7.1, I do

lsnrctl start

But for the one for MOBILE7.1, I have to do:

lsnrctl start LISTEN1

Is there a way so that I can just do lsnrctl start on both systems - OR - am I forced to do lsnrctl start LISTEN1 for the MOBILE system?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the oracle net configuratioon assistant, you can reconfigure the listener settings by adding any number of listeners to the default LISTENER.

After the new listeners have been configured, you can start and stop all the listeners by using the command lsnrctl start or lsnrctl stop.

Regards,

Varadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

As long as you have differend orasid users with different ORACLE_HOME's, then it isn't a problem to have two listeners with the same name. They just need to run under their own user and have a different network port.

c01adm> ps -ef|grep lsnr
orad02   16636     1  0 Jul26 ?        00:00:17 /oracle/D02/102_64/bin/tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit
oraq02   18475     1  0 Jul26 ?        00:00:22 /oracle/Q02/102_64/bin/tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit
orac01   25066     1  0 Aug10 ?        01:09:41 /oracle/C01/102_64/bin/tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit

Regards, Michael

Edit: just to make it clear, to be able to do lsnrctl start without name, you need to have the default name LISTENER

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can also run only 1 listener with both SIDs.

I prefer runing them separately liek you are doing now.

and yes, you must start both listeners individually in 2 steps... unless you are on Windows