Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

third party tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

in a particular program i require to acess a third party encryption tool(batch file) which encrypts a file. i tried using the methof cl_gui_frontendservices=>execute . but my problem is that the program always will run in the background and this method is made to run in the foreground so it throws a runtime error. this program is a called by transaction f110 which is a Fi transaction. is there any means by which i can acess the batch file even though it runs in the background.

thx u

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use this fm:

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE

create an external OS command in sm69 before you execute that command using the fm SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE.

or you can use the tcode sm49 to execute the command manually.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

thank yuo for the reply. iam aware of this function module but not sure of the parameters that go into it. i tried saving and command in sm69 but iam missing something. maybe the os or something. when i run this Fm with the command i created it gives. command not found. please can you give me and example with this

0 Kudos

Hi Navid,

you can check the execution of the command in SM49 itself, and try changing the params. to make it work

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

the problem is iam trying to execute a batch file and in sm69 it asks me for operating system command. and also for parameters for operating system command. i know that parameters is the path but what shuld i put in operating system command and also shuld i check the trace checkbox.