cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver to be able to approve backdated SC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are running on SRM 4.0(classic scenario).

My reqt is that when approving backdated SC's,in the std functionlaity the system doesnt allow the Approver to approve teh Backdated SC's but when he changes the date and tries to approve ,he is able to approve the SC,i need to allow the approver to able to approve the Backdated SC's also since in our scenario,the approver will most of the times approve the SC 1 day after the SC has been created.(Escalation procedure is not preferred as tehe time limit is not definate).

Regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

You can change the message from error to warning.

Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Message Control -> Influence Message Control

Example for message 584, from standard "E" to "W"

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yann,

But after going to the path you have mentioned ,how do i change the message type??

Regards,

Disha.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

1- Select BUS2121

2- double click message control

3- click new entry

4- message class : BBP_PD

5- message : 584

6- press enter

7- type : W

kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Full points to you...Thanks a lot..the solution worked!

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Actually now i am facing 1 more problem that by changing the message type,the requisitioner is now able to change the "Required Date" also while adding the items to the SC.....

I dont want that any requsitioner should be able to change the "Required date" but yes approvers should be able to approve the Backdated SC's.

Will this require any development?

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,,

I found out that this message applies to the entire SC process(creation,modification as well Approval)...So i cant handle different message types for the same message within the SC process(i.e. error message during SC creation and warning message during approval)...

I tried using BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI badi but no success....nay suggestions on this?

regards,

Disha.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Yes the message is for BUS2121.

Please describe when you want it to be modified or not and for each step, W or E:

1- SC creation ?

on catalogue and on describe requirement ?

2- Approval

3- SC modification

BBP_DOC_CHECK could help you to issue W or E message .

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

1> I want the warning message to be shown when the approver tries to approve the Backdated SC's.

2> I want the error message to be shown when the requistioner changes the "required on"(delivery date) to a date which is less than current date while creating the SC.

I tried implementing the badi BBP_DOC_CHECK _BADI...but thats what i analysed that it is contradicting the above 2 scenarios...

Regards,

Disha.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

You can filter on user role to achieve this.

For instance, manager role = warning else (other roles)= error.

Does it fit your requirement ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

You havent got it right...I want the Message type to be contradicting for the above 2 scenarios...whcih i feel is not possible...

As u say...even if i do it role wise....if the Manager creates the SC and while doin so changes the Delivery date ,he will still b able to create teh SC whcih is not the case....

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

1 more way is that the approver will have to compare the "RECIEVED ON" date which wil be the SC creation date and the "DELIVERY DATE" and if he finds something ambigous then he might reject the SC.

Regards,

Disha.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thus filter should be done on SC status too.

For example :

In approval : W

to be modified : E

Rejected : ...

other status : E

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Please Can you tell me in details about the filtering of the message type(precisely the steps to be followed) based on

1> ROLES

2> SC STATUS.

regards,

Disha.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Just create a table with SC status, role and message type (3 columns)and determine what message type you want issue based on your business requirement.

BADI BBP_DOC_CHECK will read this specific table and issue message accordingly to the table result.

Example : SC status "created" + user role "employee" = message type "E"

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Yeah...this seems to be OK...But let me have a full n final discussion with my team on this....Also abt the other option of Approver comparing the SC creation date and Delivery date..whats ur opinion on dat??

Regards,

Disha.

Answers (0)