cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Order Example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

In the Service Order example, I see that they are using 2 Development components.

Can someone tell me why are they doing that ?

Can you explain it to me please?

Thanks,

Sneha SIngh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There are different DC's as the development is based on MVC ( Model View Controller) architecture.

Basically the first DC where you import the model is the Model part.

The second DC where you design the screen and write the logic is the View and Controller part.

There is actually one more DC created once you deploy the application.This is the one which will be consumed by the CFS.

This maintains the dependency to the previous DCs.

You can build as many Views on the first DCs. Basically these DCs are to keep the logical units separate,so that they can be reused as many times as you want.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member53099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha

you can read more about MVC (model-view-controller) concept here

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/0f/ab3a3c9ca75402e10000000a114084/content.htm>

One can create multiple DCs as per the requirement for your application.

Explaining the same with a simple eg: suppose I have a Customer scenario with one view for Customer details and other one for Orders. Suppose, I have two resources working in parallel for the same application, then one person can import the model in say DC1 and start his work on Customer View in the same DC. In parallel the other person can define another DC2 with dependency on DC1 and start work on Order View (he will not be importing the model again in DC2)

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Vaidehi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually main reason for keeping both model and UI in different component is keeping modularity for example you can keep the model component same and change the UI or the same model component can be reused with other UI as our CFS core is same .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

one will be specific to model which will store the model details and the other one will be for application logic so while developing the application logic during build you can freeze the model once and continue with the application logic component without building model component again and again. and these two components will probably work as two different layers .