Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SOA between .net and r/3

anesh_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to the SOA architecture in SAP. Actually we use interface programs to transfer files between sap r/3 and .net and vice versa

i want to use the web services concept so that i can transfer the data between the .net and r/3 and vice versa

please let me know is this possible to transfer the data from .net to r/3 and vice versa using web services

it would be great if some can give me a step by step procedure to built the above process

I do appreciate your prompt response

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOA concept was not available in R/3 so it would not be possible to exchange data between R/3 and .Net using webservice.

You can use SAP .Net connector to connect R/3 and .Net.

SOA is available in SAP since ECC6 (even to some extent in ECC5).

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to call web services in SAP R/3 4.7.

The SOAP implementation is very crude and basic but it works very well. It is just calling function modules through HTTP instead of RFC.

We have an R/3 4.7 production system where we call 60 000 web services per day...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Is it possible to expose RFC as webservice in R/3?

I know that you can call webservice from R/3 but not vice versa, so in my opinion wherever possible use .Net connector else do the webservice call.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

>Is it possible to expose RFC as webservice in R/3?

Yes, with R/3 4.7

If you activate the /sap/bc/soap node and sub nodes in SICF.

You can call each RFC enabled function module as a web service at this URL.

To call STFC_CONNECTION as a web service you call :

http://<R/3 server>:<port>/sap/bc/soap/rfc?services=STFC_CONNECTION&sap-client=<client>&sap-user=<abap user>&sap-password=<password>

You get the WSDL at

http://<R/3 server>:<port>/sap/bc/soap/wsdl11?services=STFC_CONNECTION&sap-client=<client>.

Of course there is no mapping, no external interface and the same URL and activation for all function modules.

But it works and when the calling system developpers don't know what is SAP RFC but are able to use WSDL, it is quite handy !

We have also used .NET connector. For example to call a web service from R/3 4.7 : R/3 does an RFC call to a .NET RFC server which tranlates it as a web service call.

Regards,

Olivier

anesh_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply

Well we are going to upgrade to ECC6 now.

my requirement is we have some files to be shared between the companies

right now we are using ftp transfer; Can i use web services so that i can avoid transfering the files ?

I know how to create a webservice in ECC6 but i am not really clear about consuming the web services provided by .net

my other questions are like

Can we maintain web services with out using UDDI or other registry

it would be great if you can send me some examples on this issue

thanks

anesh_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav

thanks for your reply

I have created a web service in ECC6 and when i am trying to test the web service i am getting a error as page cannot be displayed

in transaction wsadmin --> adminstration setting

i am not sure about the path that i gave in j2ee server

i know that i have to give the name as http://XXXX.com:50300/

can you please tell me where i can find this path. i mean the server name

thanks in advance

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WSADMIN is obsolete now (since SP14). You have now to use transaction SOAMANAGER which runs in a web browser.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)