cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to begin with customizing sap fi abap reports ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am new to ABAP. I am given a task of customizing many sap reports in FI module.

I have to customize sap standard reports. can u tell me where to begin from ? what are the various ways to do it ?

Please guide me as i am a beginner. Please give links to documents if possible.Thank you.

Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

First check with standard report, if standard report is not reaches to your requirement then go for either customization / or develop new report.

Customization : check if any small changes or if you need to add 2 more column or some validation (Simple) for customization.

Develop new Report: As per your requirement develop the report, better use logical data base it will more faster than normal report for FI,HR or complex report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this post is a bit older but i came across it in my search.  For anyone else looking, i think this might be what you are looking for ....

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=984305 (OSS note 984305).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying guys.

I dont know where to begin from actually. I have been provided by the client the format of the reports like columns and headings of the report. Now i dont know whether i should copy the standard programs and start editing the code, or there are any tools that can be used to customize the reports ? I have just heard about some tools like ( ABAP Query, Report painter & Report writer, etc.). But i dont know anything about them. Are they even relevant to my task ? Some of the standard reports are as follows :

Assets register - S_ALR_87011990

Acqusiton Register - S_ALR_87012050

Retirement Register - S_ALR_87012052

There are more such standard reports.

Can u give me steps ?

Thanks & Regards,

Atul M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When dealing with FI reporting try to know the releated posting trasactions used in that report.

Journal Entry u2013 FB01, F-02, FB50, Document Change / Display u2013 FB02 / FB03

Sample Document u2013 F-01, FBM2, FBM3, F.57 - Delete

FS10N u2013 Display Acct Balances, FBL3N u2013 Display Change Line Items, F-03 - Clear

F.19 u2013 Clearing of GR/IR account.

Based on that you can know the releated tables

BKPF and

BSEG

BSEG Tables consists of data from BSIS, BSAS, BSID, BSAD, BSIK, and BSAK tables.

you can get every thing in thes tables.

Thanks,

AMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

to begin with you can refer fbl5n.

data for FI tables are stored mainly in BSEG,BSID,BSAD,FAGLFLEXA,FAGAFLEXA.

you can fetch from these tables and display in your report output.

Former Member
0 Kudos