cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing only few fields in the users Data Manager (MDM 5.5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is that possible at all ??

we have a customer repository where diferent group of people need to maintein diferent fields. For each group of people we have create a role with the apropiate permisions

our intention is to use the Data Manager, but we would like to control which fields each group can see, there is no interes in one group/role can see the fields that are asigned to be maintain by another group/role

of course, we would like that to include the Search parameters, the records sumary and the detail view

is that posible ??

or we need to think in create specifig web clients form each group/role

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way to do this. You cannot hide fields when the user is using the MDM Data Manager. One way to control the fields that a particular user group can see if by using the standard MDM content for the Enterprise Portal and configure an iView that has only the fields required.

Alternatively, if you are more concerned about users editing certain fields, then you can control that with a security role in the MDM Console. You can also build constraints into your security role in the console which allows you to filter the check table values that are visible to a user. You can also add masks to a constraint such that users only see sets of records that are filtered by a certain criteria.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you, even I could not say "textually" that you solve my problem, it is in hands of SAP to create a Data Manager where at least you can personalize and hide what you are not interested to see, plus (probably) another few characteristics that would made the Data Manager more user friendly

I will give a look into the Portal and the iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

In SPMDM, we cannot hide any field from an user by MDM control. We can do that through Enterprise portal.

However, we can control the access and also we can control the limited records to be viewed with the help of :Constraints and Masks.

Regards,

Bis